User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

No, never tried it. In a way reincarnation is the only thing that makes sense to me, as I've already been reincarnated several times in my lifetime. I can't honestly say that I get the impression I was anybody before I was born. If I were, I think i'd be a nearly enlightened Buddhist monk who fell in love with a peasant girl.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Out of curiosity I tried some past life regression hypnosis that dragged on for 4 hours yesterday.
    You didn't pay for this, did you?

They were intense and confusing, was my mind playing tricks on me. it left an impression on me and i woke up this morning and shrugged.
    Is this a serious inquiry?

What are your thoughts?
    Has anyone tried past life regression?
    This has some parallels to reincarnation and does it happen?

Who knows with these things, highly subjective i guess.
    No, I've not tried "past life regression". I've not tried hypnotherapy, either. This is because both hypnotherapy and "past life regression" are bullshit, though profitable bullshit nevertheless.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    This is why I was fascinated by the concept. I could "remember" something that I can't actually remember/ may never have happened. I wanted to see what my subconscious mind might conjure up for a "memory."
    Wow haha I started a thread like this, of course I would. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.
    When I started this thread I was naive, now I'm aware we are more than what we seem and past lives do happen and you become aware of them when you are ready to remember aspects of yourself. I went to more past lives and saw much more, I am of a sense seeing we have been part of many experiences, as energy, we are eternal consciousness and this is a station, a procession of experience to release and create of that which is most wanted, desired of our current physicality.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Wow haha I started a thread like this, of course I would. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.
    When I started this thread I was naive, now I'm aware we are more than what we seem and past lives do happen and you become aware of them when you are ready to remember aspects of yourself. I went to more past lives and saw much more, I am of a sense seeing we have been part of many experiences, as energy, we are eternal consciousness and this is a station, a procession of experience to release and create of that which is most wanted, desired of our current physicality.
    I'm curious about what brought you to this conclusion.
    I am extremely skeptical and in disbelief. It seems to me that I may have produced this person in some unconscious reality that I hold in my current life. I went back again and she was a very gaunt looking teenager, running extremely fast and jumping over a fence, (fence type unknown, could have been barbed wire, or picket, or any other nature.) She was still trying to escape from something....

"This is why I like running, and need to run to avoid panic attacks."

or....

"I happen to be a runner and I may be trying to escape from something emotionally, that's why I access this character." My dog also happens to have a leg that was broken at one point, and they told me that he was frightened and hiding and wouldn't let anyone touch him for a long time.

There is a possibility that I had a mangled leg and hid in a past life, and now bond with this dog so much because of it. But the second part sounds more realistic to me. (I'm a runner who bonds with a dog who had a mangled leg.) A subconscious reality that produced this character, not as much to do with stuff that happened.

It's still rather amazing though, this girl is someone that I didn't think about until I tried regression. I love hypnosis and accessing strange thoughts.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    @Synapse

I am highly curious about your experience. I've studied reincarnation/past life regression and near death experiences for more than 10 years now. It's my favorite hobby I have come across a few case studies on past life regression that seem to VERY difficult to chalk up scientifically. There is always the doubt though, that the person who has done the case study is biased, and I'm afriad that alot of people who get into stuff like this tend to be biased.

Did you do alot of research on the person you went to for your past life regression?
    Yes, I have looked into the whole idea in great detail and beyond. The bias comes from a conditioned in-scrutiny reality that is foundational from childhood. I have been shown different experiences which saw me look at it in a more broader sense, past lives being the primary aspect of self. I wouldn't know where to begin or rather visiting places of significance are beyond my financial means to. For that I would need to visit such places like Turkey, Hungary and Slovakia as starters.

[youtube="LanURyWHKyA"]Past Life Regression[/youtube]

This is a good author to look into. My bias here is his research is limited to some 7,000 people. I had a knowing the other day that those energies that presented to him whoever they may be as a cross section of culture went as intended. And his work is real, I am reading his book right now about it and also aspects that feel misrepresented because of his limited range of people. Hahah thousands you say is limited. well yes, it is, its actually presenting a curve for him, as spirit wishes not the other way around. He may be convinced what he has been privy to is comprehensive truth which it is to a certain extent and yet I am of the feeling it is partial to the whole of the super consciousness. Like perceptual accumulation of information. Like throwing a pebble into the ocean, it jumps 4 times when it can jump a 100. Sounds impossible, though the impossible is in the minds eye alone. Which is exactly how science is jumps 4 times and is blinded to the whole in much the same manner.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    You didn't pay for this, did you?

Is this a serious inquiry?

No, I've not tried "past life regression". I've not tried hypnotherapy, either. This is because both hypnotherapy and "past life regression" are bullshit, though profitable bullshit nevertheless.
    Yes I did pay for this, it cost less than 1 psychological or council session and it was 4 hours longer. And No I did not take it seriously when I started this thread I do Today.

Neither are bullshit, your perception of them are creating an illusion that is in a sense a 3D hologram and each conclusion you are making, creating is absolutely correct for you. It is intended to be that way.

Consider the super-conscious mind.
    [youtube="l1cfBX1gGzQ"]Super-Conscious Mind[/youtube]

And Parallel universes.

[youtube="Z7SDrj4Tjvk"]Parallel Universe[/youtube]

It sounds like science fiction, then again it was said much the same of computers, cars and cloning some 100-200 years ago surely? Its interesting how eastern and western philosophies differ too. Our capacity to comprehension is in a state of rest, its meant to be that way in some ways like any drama.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yes, I have looked into the whole idea in great detail and beyond. The bias comes from a conditioned in-scrutiny reality that is foundational from childhood. I have been shown different experiences which saw me look at it in a more broader sense, past lives being the primary aspect of self. I wouldn't know where to begin or rather visiting places of significance are beyond my financial means to. For that I would need to visit such places like Turkey, Hungary and Slovakia as starters.

[youtube="LanURyWHKyA"]Past Life Regression[/youtube]

This is a good author to look into. My bias here is his research is limited to some 7,000 people. I had a knowing the other day that those energies that presented to him whoever they may be as a cross section of culture went as intended. And his work is real, I am reading his book right now about it and also aspects that feel misrepresented because of his limited range of people. Hahah thousands you say is limited. well yes, it is, its actually presenting a curve for him, as spirit wishes not the other way around. He may be convinced what he has been privy to is comprehensive truth which it is to a certain extent and yet I am of the feeling it is partial to the whole of the super consciousness. Like perceptual accumulation of information. Like throwing a pebble into the ocean, it jumps 4 times when it can jump a 100. Sounds impossible, though the impossible is in the minds eye alone. Which is exactly how science is jumps 4 times and is blinded to the whole in much the same manner.
    WOW. This person is very engaging. Seems intelligent. I remember (really, this life.... ), going on a trip and talking about the age of our souls. Decided that there was an old soul, a new soul, and two middle aged souls in the car. (Me and close friend being middle aged.) The conversation had a lot of effect on me.

The 7,000 people is better than the 34 that someone on this site tried to use for evidence.... ... Besides, I'm sure that not a lot of people want to be involved in a study like this/ or have gone to a therapist to request past lives.

I'm with Jennifer, in a way, I don't understand why most subjects may have endured such intense lives.... (myself included... a criminal perhaps? jumping fences??????) In the same sense, perhaps some people with weird histories ask for weird therapies....

Something to think about, at least.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    It's still rather amazing though, this girl is someone that I didn't think about until I tried regression. I love hypnosis and accessing strange thoughts.
    General hypnosis didn't do it for me, neither did neural linguistic programming. I remember when I went to a hypnotherapist back in 06 strangely an old lady put me under hypnosis to place positive scripts into my subconscious. When I was there I was dismissive. Yes aspects maybe created from the subconscious, imagination of the present precept does happen, once you go deeper information changes.

I'm with Jennifer, in a way, I don't understand why most subjects may have endured such intense lives....
    Me neither. It is what I am trying to come to terms with myself. I am under the impression we may have chosen the station of birth to experience what we are meant to as intended. And its when we are able to recognise what goes on and when we are ready to move to certain realisation from those who are drawn to and release aspects that are ready to be released. Who knows, it is interesting.

MBTI
    STP

I believe what this is, is what one thinks should ideally occur to one's ideal self, then imagined it was a past life while daydreaming. Very similar occurs when it comes to reincarnation... people imagine what their ideal life could be like, and because of dissatisfaction with the present life, imagine it as an animal or something, roaming free as an eagle, etc. I could be wrong but I never hear people imagining they'll reincarnate as a cockroach or an octopus or something unpleasant to live as. These imaginations/daydreams are always almost positive and end up painting the imagin-ee in an idealized light based on what that person values and reveres in people.

I think modern psychology would call this expressions of the super-ego in a person.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus Iacobus View Post
    These imaginations/daydreams are always almost positive and end up painting the imagin-ee in an idealized light based on what that person values and reveres in people. I think modern psychology would call this expressions of the super-ego in a person.
    The opposite seems to be true. Psychology is strange, the super-ego is a mind state only, excludes the heart and spirit, its dismissing two thirds of reality.