• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

(non)Christianity for P's?

proximo

I've found this stuff highly intriguing and genuinely fresh. I thought I'd share it as it feels to me that it addresses many of the discontents that I've seen repeated over and over on these forums, with traditional/established forms of Christianity.

Some excerpts:

"Ikon is neither a conservative or liberal community (although people who attend come from both traditions) for the point is not what you believe but whether you are willing to challenge and critique it."

"A (non)definition celebrates the existence of an impenetrable fluidity and elusiveness which makes solid descriptions both impossible and unwelcome. Indeed, as a movement which is attempting to come to terms with that which cannot be reduced to words, we operate with a liquid system that celebrates ambiguity, openness and change"

"The term ‘emerging’ should not then be thought of as a provisional one that will some day be replaced with the word ‘emerged’, for we embrace the idea that re-reading, critiquing, constructing and deconstructing are all processes which remain vital for our spiritual development."

http://wiki.ikon.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Ikon:About

Explore the links down the LH side and discuss, or don't, as like :)

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
At last, a religion which celebrates pseudo-intellectualism. I particularly like this:

"A (non)definition celebrates the existence of an impenetrable fluidity and elusiveness which makes solid descriptions both impossible and unwelcome. Indeed, as a movement which is attempting to come to terms with that which cannot be reduced to words, we operate with a liquid system that celebrates ambiguity, openness and change."

Bravo!

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Interesting, sounds pretty similar to whot I've been doing for years XD