User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 53

  1. #11
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    ah yes... I know... and I'm not making the point for Victor

    though I don't mind dropping in and distracting him so that he keeps his anti-everythingism into only one or two threads though... you know, throwing myself on the grenade that is intolerance
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #12
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Fuck that... I didn't support the war... I don't support most of my country's foreign policy actions, but you know what? I am an American.

    Don't define a person by where they're born

    Don't define a group by some of it's members (unless you enjoy taking responsibility for the Lost Generation)

    Don't punish the innocent for the sins of others

    You're committing a MAJOR logical fallacy by applying the attitudes of a few to the entire group- by that definition we should imprison all white males since most serial killers are white males :rolli:

    you know what? I don't support many of the decisions that my country makes, I didn't choose to be born here, but I sure as hell don't appreciate your constant attacks on Americans either- It shows intolerance and spite on your part, which isn't becoming

    your constant baiting in threads makes you appear to be a bit of a troller, if you know what I'm talking about
    I understand you see yourself as an individual. And I understand you see yourself as an individual because you have been compelled to go to school by law to learn to read and write. I understand you see yourself and me as individuals because you are literate.

    But here we are face to face in the electronic media that is leading us to come to understand our respective group fantasies.

    And I understand this causes you cognitive dissonance which is emotionally painful. And so naturally you strike out at me by insulting me and calling me a troll.

    And you say above, "I am an American", but in the same breath you instruct me by saying, "Don't define a person by where the are born". But this is precisely what you are doing - you are defining yourself, quite rightly, as an American and of course, I am an Australian.

  3. #13
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    I am an American because I choose to be... I could become any other nationality if I wanted as well... and I learned to read from my mother, not the school

    I'm just informing you that the shirt that you're wearing isn't a good color on you, Victor.

    enjoy the metaphore

    always playing the victim :rolli:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  4. #14
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    ^It's because he is a creature of "Enlightenment"
    It's true, not only am I a creature of the Scottish and English Enlightenment, but my whole country is a creature of the Scottish and English Enlightenment.

    We practice the motto of the Enlightenment, "The greatest good for the greatest number". And this is how we deal with your economic meltdown and it worked.

    Naturally I do not expect your country to follow the motto of the Enlightenment, and you haven't and so your country, unlike mine, remains in economic difficulty, with huge mortgage foreclosures, unemployment and a working poor.

    Our national group fantasies are different and will remain different. And our only hope is to come to understand one another. Slinging insults will not do.

  5. #15
    Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I understand you see yourself as an individual. And I understand you see yourself as an individual because you have been compelled to go to school by law to learn to read and write. I understand you see yourself and me as individuals because you are literate.

    But here we are face to face in the electronic media that is leading us to come to understand our respective group fantasies.

    And I understand this causes you cognitive dissonance which is emotionally painful. And so naturally you strike out at me by insulting me and calling me a troll.

    And you say above, "I am an American", but in the same breath you instruct me by saying, "Don't define a person by where the are born". But this is precisely what you are doing - you are defining yourself, quite rightly, as an American and of course, I am an Australian.
    You are trolling. Over and over again you take every opportunity to poeticize about your theories of the evil interconnectedness of God and the US and MBTI and Hollywood, then proceed to champion yourself and kin as above-the-fold "Enlightened" thinkers. Because of this shitty attitude, you give it your best shot to derail every thread you can. Minted coins with "In God we trust" and the free market have nothing to do with the oil spill or global warming
    Johari Nohari

    "If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

  6. #16
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    You are trolling. Over and over again you take every opportunity to poeticize about your theories of the evil interconnectedness of God and the US and MBTI and Hollywood, then proceed to champion yourself and kin as above-the-fold "Enlightened" thinkers. Because of this shitty attitude, you give it your best shot to derail every thread you can. Minted coins with "In God we trust" and the free market have nothing to do with the oil spill or global warming
    I can only try to explain it to you.

    If you don't understand, my hands are tied.

    I am though disappointed you insist on insulting me by calling me a troll.

  7. #17
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    once again turning it around and playing the victim after casting the first stone, bravo man
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  8. #18
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    There will always be a fair number of people in the world who enjoy building stories in which America, the bad guy, gets his in the end. Whatevs, in your place I wouldn't argue the substance of the premise; that's not the point. The conclusion justifies the story in this case. It's an instance of mental self-pleasuring.
    yes... I wonder how often he has to shave his mental palms!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  9. #19
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I am an American because I choose to be... I could become any other nationality if I wanted as well... and I learned to read from my mother, not the school

    I'm just informing you that the shirt that you're wearing isn't a good color on you, Victor.

    enjoy the metaphore

    always playing the victim :rolli:
    You have told us you are chronically angry and irritated. So I can understand you find relief in insulting me.

    I can't do anything about your chronic anger and irritation but your insults are becoming tiresome.

  10. #20
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    dear Victor... we're taking the exact same dance again

    1. you insult something

    2. I point out that you're being prejudiced by doing so

    3. you play victim and accuse me of having deeply seated personal problems

    4. you prove that you can't sustain your actual argument

    and by the way... understand someone before fucking accusing them of shit- I have my reasons and they're good... but it's left my reasoning intact
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Being Poetic...?
    By alcea rosea in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 05:55 PM
  2. Vigilante Justice
    By proteanmix in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 03:49 PM
  3. [JCF] How my Ti functions (crude representation) vs. F in an "argument"
    By MacGuffin in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 06:13 PM
  4. Justice does not exist
    By Sahara in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO