User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Default What matters the most?

See title

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Sorry, it had to be done

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Sorry, it had to be done
    Good dentistry.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

to me, what matters most is helping others. Its all I really want to do, when I think of life and everything I dont ever see me as a factor. I am a means, a way to helping and improving others. I want nothing in return, I just like helping people.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

figsfiggyfigs

Sorry, it had to be done
    damn! beat me to it!!!!

on the serious note

My freedom.

2nd
    My future and it's security/stability, and my happiness( including my families).

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Yourself.

I am positive no one can argue this.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

whatever is in front of me at the moment.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Sorry, it had to be done
    FTW

[YOUTUBE="V30tyaXv6EI"]Conan[/YOUTUBE]

My serious answer:
    To glorify God and enjoy him forever.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Smile

What matters most is the abolition of institutional slavery for the first time in human history by the House of Commons in 1833. Followed by the emancipation of women for the first time in human history in Australia and New Zealand in 1904. Followed by the criminal prosecution of child, sexual abuse for the first time in 1996.

All these recent social gains are the fruits of liberal democracy arising from the Enlightenment.

The Enlightenment also gave us universal literacy, the, "Origin of Species", and the sequencing of the genome, not to mention General Relativity, the Periodic Table, Astronomy and Quantum Mechanics.

The Enlightenment also gave us modern Medicine based on evidence and reason.

And the Enlightenment also gave us, via Adam Smith, modern economics which has overcome scarcity for the first time in human history.

But perhaps what matters most is that our child rearing practices have improved from the sacrificial form, to the abusive form, to the authoritarian form to the helping form of child rearing where we help our children attain their goals.

And it is the helping form of child rearing that is producing more and more empathic and creative personalities, unhindered by the nightmare of past child rearing practices.

And it is the Enlightenment that woke us from the nightmare.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    What matters most is the abolition of institutional slavery for the first time in human history by the House of Commons in 1833. Followed by the emancipation of women for the first time in human history in Australia and New Zealand in 1904. Followed by the criminal prosecution of child, sexual abuse for the first time in 1996.

All these recent social gains are the fruits of liberal democracy arising from the Enlightenment.

The Enlightenment also gave us universal literacy, the, "Origin of Species" and the sequencing of the genome, not to mention General Relativity, the Periodic Table and Quantum Mechanics.

The Enlightenment also gave us modern Medicine based on evidence and reason.

And the Enlightenment also gave us, via Adam Smith, modern economics which has overcome scarcity for the first time in human history.

But perhaps what matters most is that our child rearing practices have improved from the sacrificial form, to the abusive form, to the authoritarian form to the helping form of child rearing where we help our children attain their goals.

And it is the helping form of child rearing that is producing more and more empathic and creative personalities, unhindered by the nightmare of past child rearing practices.
    Do you have these statements saved to a txt. document that you copy and paste in every thread or something?