User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 16

  1. #1
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Smile The Supernatural

    Those who join the supernatural have two characteristics - being and non-being.

    Jesus is a good example. He both died and came to life. Jesus exemplifies being and non-being.

    Jack Flak is another good example as he is both present and absent on Typology Central. In fact they say his presence is only concealed by his absence.

    And so both being and not being, Jack has joined the supernatural.

    And like Jesus, Jack stands in for all of us. For all of us are being and not being.

    Before we were born, we were not being. And on birth, or some say conception, we be.

    And as being and non-being define the supernatural, each one of us, dear reader, is supernatural.

    But be honest, dear reader, you have never thought of yourself as supernatural. You have always projected the supernatural onto your gods, when all the time is you, hiding behind your being, who is supernatural.

    So when they tell you the supernatural doesn't exist, you puff out your chest, and proudly acknowledge that you are supernatural.

  2. #2
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    This absolutely confirms my suspicion: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1157537
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  3. #3
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Smile

    The problem is that there is no evidence the supernatural exists, and although we no longer believe in the supernatural beings Zeus or Poseidon, we still believe in the supernatural.

    So it seems to me that the supernatural is a projection of ourselves.

    And in particular we project that which we find most difficult to acknowledge in ourselves, namely our life and death, or our being and our non-being.

    And indeed most supernatural stories tell of overcoming death, and tell a story of the afterlife. And Christianity is a good example.

    And as we are the only animal that can foresee our own death, it seems inevitable that we would invent the supernatural.

    We even see this in popular culture with Superman.

    We would all like to be Supermen and women, we would all like to be supernatural but we are all heading towards a natural death.

    Nonetheless we understand our being in the light of our non-being and so we ourselves are supernatural.

    But this is too much for us to face, so we have Zeus or Poseidon or Jack Flak.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Feops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTx
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Those who join the supernatural have two characteristics - being and non-being.

    Jesus is a good example. He both died and came to life. Jesus exemplifies being and non-being.

    Jack Flak is another good example as he is both present and absent on Typology Central. In fact they say his presence is only concealed by his absence.

    And so both being and not being, Jack has joined the supernatural.

    And like Jesus, Jack stands in for all of us. For all of us are being and not being.

    Before we were born, we were not being. And on birth, or some say conception, we be.

    And as being and non-being define the supernatural, each one of us, dear reader, is supernatural.

    But be honest, dear reader, you have never thought of yourself as supernatural. You have always projected the supernatural onto your gods, when all the time is you, hiding behind your being, who is supernatural.

    So when they tell you the supernatural doesn't exist, you puff out your chest, and proudly acknowledge that you are supernatural.
    No.

  5. #5
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    No.
    No?

    They tell me, Feops,you are half an animal and half an angel. And they even tell me you are lying in the gutter looking at the stars.

    But I refuse to believe you are an animal lying in the gutter - more an angel looking at the stars.

  6. #6
    desert pelican Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But I refuse to believe you are an animal lying in the gutter - more an angel looking at the stars.
    ^I'm stealing this.

    If the body of the animal dies, then where does the angel reside?

  7. #7
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    ^I'm stealing this.

    If the body of the animal dies, then where does the angel reside?
    In the stars, silly!

  8. #8
    What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    What the fuck is going on in this thread?

    Victor, are you being serious?
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

    This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

    Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...



  9. #9
    What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    No?

    They tell me, Feops,you are half an animal and half an angel. And they even tell me you are lying in the gutter looking at the stars.

    But I refuse to believe you are an animal lying in the gutter - more an angel looking at the stars.
    Correction: They tell me, Feops, that you are half-human and half-angel. They even tell me that you are lying on the gutter, looking at the stars.

    I refuse to believe that your are a half-human, lying in the gutter; instead, you are an angel, lying in the gutter, looking at the stars. Only, we can't prove that you are so I could be lying to myself.

    ----

    Does anyone else find it irritating that lying - lie/lying/lay/laying, and lying - lie/lies/liar, are spelled exactly the same? It's irritating to me.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

    This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

    Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...



  10. #10
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    Correction: They tell me, Feops, that you are half-human and half-angel. They even tell me that you are lying on the gutter, looking at the stars.

    I refuse to believe that your are a half-human, lying in the gutter; instead, you are an angel, lying in the gutter, looking at the stars. Only, we can't prove that you are so I could be lying to myself.

    ----

    Does anyone else find it irritating that lying - lie/lying/lay/laying, and lying - lie/lies/liar, are spelled exactly the same? It's irritating to me.
    You can call it lying or poetic imagination.

    And the only important thing is to tell beautiful lies.

    And I hope that if I tell you beautiful lies, you will tell me beautiful lies in return.

    I come to the well of Typology Central every day hoping for a beautiful lie to slake my thirst.

Similar Threads

  1. The Banned and The Damned
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 07:12 PM
  2. Science or the Supernatural?
    By RaptorWizard in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 10:40 PM
  3. The Madmin Blog
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 05:40 AM
  4. Religions and the supernatural
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 06:19 PM
  5. Beauty, the Supernatural and MBTI
    By Mole in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 08:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO