• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Supernatural

Mole

Permabanned
Those who join the supernatural have two characteristics - being and non-being.

Jesus is a good example. He both died and came to life. Jesus exemplifies being and non-being.

Jack Flak is another good example as he is both present and absent on Typology Central. In fact they say his presence is only concealed by his absence.

And so both being and not being, Jack has joined the supernatural.

And like Jesus, Jack stands in for all of us. For all of us are being and not being.

Before we were born, we were not being. And on birth, or some say conception, we be.

And as being and non-being define the supernatural, each one of us, dear reader, is supernatural.

But be honest, dear reader, you have never thought of yourself as supernatural. You have always projected the supernatural onto your gods, when all the time is you, hiding behind your being, who is supernatural.

So when they tell you the supernatural doesn't exist, you puff out your chest, and proudly acknowledge that you are supernatural.

Mole

Permabanned
The problem is that there is no evidence the supernatural exists, and although we no longer believe in the supernatural beings Zeus or Poseidon, we still believe in the supernatural.

So it seems to me that the supernatural is a projection of ourselves.

And in particular we project that which we find most difficult to acknowledge in ourselves, namely our life and death, or our being and our non-being.

And indeed most supernatural stories tell of overcoming death, and tell a story of the afterlife. And Christianity is a good example.

And as we are the only animal that can foresee our own death, it seems inevitable that we would invent the supernatural.

We even see this in popular culture with Superman.

We would all like to be Supermen and women, we would all like to be supernatural but we are all heading towards a natural death.

Nonetheless we understand our being in the light of our non-being and so we ourselves are supernatural.

But this is too much for us to face, so we have Zeus or Poseidon or Jack Flak.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx

Jesus is a good example. He both died and came to life. Jesus exemplifies being and non-being.

Jack Flak is another good example as he is both present and absent on Typology Central. In fact they say his presence is only concealed by his absence.

And like Jesus, Jack stands in for all of us. For all of us are being and not being.

Before we were born, we were not being. And on birth, or some say conception, we be.

And as being and non-being define the supernatural, each one of us, dear reader, is supernatural.

But be honest, dear reader, you have never thought of yourself as supernatural. You have always projected the supernatural onto your gods, when all the time is you, hiding behind your being, who is supernatural.

So when they tell you the supernatural doesn't exist, you puff out your chest, and proudly acknowledge that you are supernatural.

No.

Mole

Permabanned

No?

They tell me, Feops,you are half an animal and half an angel. And they even tell me you are lying in the gutter looking at the stars.

But I refuse to believe you are an animal lying in the gutter - more an angel looking at the stars.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
But I refuse to believe you are an animal lying in the gutter - more an angel looking at the stars.

^I'm stealing this.

If the body of the animal dies, then where does the angel reside?

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
No?

They tell me, Feops,you are half an animal and half an angel. And they even tell me you are lying in the gutter looking at the stars.

Correction: They tell me, Feops, that you are half-human and half-angel. They even tell me that you are lying on the gutter, looking at the stars.

I refuse to believe that your are a half-human, lying in the gutter; instead, you are an angel, lying in the gutter, looking at the stars. Only, we can't prove that you are so I could be lying to myself.

----

Does anyone else find it irritating that lying - lie/lying/lay/laying, and lying - lie/lies/liar, are spelled exactly the same? It's irritating to me.

Mole

Permabanned
Correction: They tell me, Feops, that you are half-human and half-angel. They even tell me that you are lying on the gutter, looking at the stars.

I refuse to believe that your are a half-human, lying in the gutter; instead, you are an angel, lying in the gutter, looking at the stars. Only, we can't prove that you are so I could be lying to myself.

----

Does anyone else find it irritating that lying - lie/lying/lay/laying, and lying - lie/lies/liar, are spelled exactly the same? It's irritating to me.

You can call it lying or poetic imagination.

And the only important thing is to tell beautiful lies.

And I hope that if I tell you beautiful lies, you will tell me beautiful lies in return.

I come to the well of Typology Central every day hoping for a beautiful lie to slake my thirst.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I'm So confused.

Victor, throw away the crack pipe damn it! I'm starting to worry!!!!

Mole

Permabanned
I'm So confused.

Victor, throw away the crack pipe damn it! I'm starting to worry!!!!

Confusion is a sign that learning is taking place.

When you are not confused, you know you are living in the taken-for-granted.

And as ecstasy is simply stepping outside the taken-for-granted, the only price you will pay for confusion is ecstasy.

Cheap at the price.

Iriohm

MBTI Type
INKP
Enneagram
5w4

Ah, another supernatural. Which division?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Victor, do you have a man-crush on Jack Flak??? :)

I think he likes Jack Flak's brutal honesty or something. Victor wants us to open up to each other and keep it real.

However, I can say that the only time I ever admired someone on this forum as much as Victor admires Jack Flak (in fact, I think Victor has gone far beyond that level of emotion into a rather unhealthy worship...) I had a crush on that person, soooooo......

Ultimately, bromance it is.