1. What does Buddhism say about human nature?
2. According to Buddhism, is a•human bOeing a thing or a 'process'? Explain your answer in the light of the "Questions of King Melinda".
3. What is the Buddhist idea of what happens to the individual human being when one dies?
4. What is the Buddhist idea of afterlife and samsara/ karma, as opposed to its idea of liberation/ salvation/ nirvana?
a. In Buddhism, how are the individual human being that you are and what has the samsaric afterlife related? Explain your answer.
5. What is reincarnation given your answer to 2 and 4.
6. Try to find out on the Internet how traditional Buddhists react to Batchelor's ideas about the doctrine of reincarnation . What do you think about this and why?
7. Compare and contrast the traditional Western ideas of afterlife and the individual human being to those of Buddhism: similarities?? differences??