Hate-what does it feel like? How long do you maintain it? Why? It is anger fueled or does it just mean establishing a distance?

Hate is the feeling we get when our pride has been damaged by something. Pride is when we believe we are better than we really are, and when the expectations that come with that belief are not met, our ego is pained and instead of being humbled we project it onto whatever damage our pride. After that we distance ourselves so that we can continue without dealing with the shame of our misjudgement.

Forgiveness-When and how do you forgive? What does it mean to forgive? What do you do if you do not forgive another? What do you do with that remaining negative emotion internally?

The role of forgiver and forgivee in this sense is always reversed, as the hateful party believes they were wronged when in fact they were wrong. True forgiveness requires a change on the part of the forgivee, to realize their mistake. Only then can the forgivee approach in humility (as it implies acknowledgement of being wrong) and ask for forgiveness. True forgiveness requires a sincere change of heart and absolves all shame of wrongdoing.

Love towards mankind in general-What does this feel like?

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:4-13)

Love towards close ones-What does this feel like and how does it differ from the above?

We love those who are closest to us the most because of intimacy. Intimacy without love (patient, kind, forgiving, not envy, not boast, not proud, not rude, not self-seeking) is very uncomfortable and with those who are most intimate with us, painful. True love acts in a way that fully considers the trust that must be placed upon it, and with intimacy more trust is required.