User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: In the Moment

  1. #1
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540

    Smile In the Moment

    Every now and then I am in the moment.

    For instance an hour ago I was in the moment in Coles Supermarket in Manuka.

    I was simply enjoying being there. I enjoyed everything I looked at. I enjoyed all my feelings. And I enjoyed talking to the staff.

    But at the same time I could remember not being in the moment in the supermarket. And it was a tense and unpleasant experience.

    And if I focus on the memory of not being in the moment, I become sad. Fortunately the moment is perfectly seductive and I follow her round like a happy puppy.

  2. #2
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i was in the moment and now i wish i had those moments back. :p
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  3. #3
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i was in the moment and now i wish i had those moments back. :p
    Yes, it is amazing how we can move from in the moment to out of the moment.

    And when we are in or out of the moment, we are immersed in one or the other.

    But what is amazing is the movement.

    And our hope is that we will learn to dance between being in and being out.

    And that we will recognise that we need both, in and out, just as we need our two feet, to dance.

  4. #4
    Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    178

    Default

    what state are you in when you are not "in the moment"?
    "He was free, free in every way, free to behave like a fool or a machine, free to accept, free to refuse, free to equivocate; to marry, to give up the game, to drag this death weight about with him for years to come. He could do what he liked, no one had the right to advise him, there would be for him no Good or Evil unless he thought them into being." JP Sartre

  5. #5
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540

    Smile The Flow of Being

    Quote Originally Posted by ObliviousExistence View Post
    what state are you in when you are not "in the moment"?
    When you are in the future or the past, you are not in the present moment.

    Of course you are always physically in the present, but when we are thinking about the future or the past, are minds are absent.

    And so someone in the future or the past can be described as absent minded.

    And when we are physically in the present and our minds are in the present moment, we experience wholeness. The present moment, we might say, becomes wholesome.

    In the present moment we are not trying to manipulate the future or the past to our advantage, rather we enjoy the flow of being for its own sake.

  6. #6
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    When you are in the future or the past, you are not in the present moment.

    Of course you are always physically in the present, but when we are thinking about the future or the past, are minds are absent.

    And so someone in the future or the past can be described as absent minded.

    And when we are physically in the present and our minds are in the present moment, we experience wholeness. The present moment, we might say, becomes wholesome.

    In the present moment we are not trying to manipulate the future or the past to our advantage, rather we enjoy the flow of being for its own sake.
    Sounds like you know something about Jungian functions, Vic! Sounds like, if you're describing yourself - that is - that you're just like me too.

    The present moment - there is a moment of the eternal now. The infinitely small space of time known as the present. I'm never in it. Lol.

  7. #7
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Also, I like your smilie. Highly appropriate.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Stating that a condition exists does nothing to tell of the intensity or nature of the condition, or relate to how it might affect the reader.

  9. #9
    Member the resident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    esfj
    Enneagram
    3w8
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Stating that a condition exists does nothing to tell of the intensity or nature of the condition, or relate to how it might affect the reader.
    I like to write too. It does take a strong theory of mind.
    3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7



    3w2 6w7 8w7

    "Verbally adept and a good reader of people and situations, you have the ability to identify unjust authority, rebel against tyranny and verbally spar against it."

    "The 368 is very dynamic. This is the toughest fighter on the Enneagram."

    The Justice Fighter

    3w2 6w7 8w7
    3w2 6w7 8w7

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 10:54 PM
  2. How do intuitors live in the moment?
    By louiesgonnadie in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 12:50 AM
  3. [SP] Living in the moment
    By Giggly in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 03:32 PM
  4. [ESFP] living in the moment
    By INTJ123 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 01:06 PM
  5. [ENFP] ENFPs: Losing yourself in the moment (Se)
    By sculpting in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 08:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO