• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

In the Moment

Mole

Permabanned
Every now and then I am in the moment.

For instance an hour ago I was in the moment in Coles Supermarket in Manuka.

I was simply enjoying being there. I enjoyed everything I looked at. I enjoyed all my feelings. And I enjoyed talking to the staff.

But at the same time I could remember not being in the moment in the supermarket. And it was a tense and unpleasant experience.

And if I focus on the memory of not being in the moment, I become sad. Fortunately the moment is perfectly seductive and I follow her round like a happy puppy.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i was in the moment and now i wish i had those moments back. :p

Mole

Permabanned
i was in the moment and now i wish i had those moments back. :p

Yes, it is amazing how we can move from in the moment to out of the moment.

And when we are in or out of the moment, we are immersed in one or the other.

But what is amazing is the movement.

And our hope is that we will learn to dance between being in and being out.

And that we will recognise that we need both, in and out, just as we need our two feet, to dance.

Mole

Permabanned
The Flow of Being

what state are you in when you are not "in the moment"?

When you are in the future or the past, you are not in the present moment.

Of course you are always physically in the present, but when we are thinking about the future or the past, are minds are absent.

And so someone in the future or the past can be described as absent minded.

And when we are physically in the present and our minds are in the present moment, we experience wholeness. The present moment, we might say, becomes wholesome.

In the present moment we are not trying to manipulate the future or the past to our advantage, rather we enjoy the flow of being for its own sake.

G

Ginkgo

When you are in the future or the past, you are not in the present moment.

Of course you are always physically in the present, but when we are thinking about the future or the past, are minds are absent.

And so someone in the future or the past can be described as absent minded.

And when we are physically in the present and our minds are in the present moment, we experience wholeness. The present moment, we might say, becomes wholesome.

In the present moment we are not trying to manipulate the future or the past to our advantage, rather we enjoy the flow of being for its own sake.

Sounds like you know something about Jungian functions, Vic! :laugh: Sounds like, if you're describing yourself - that is - that you're just like me too.

The present moment - there is a moment of the eternal now. The infinitely small space of time known as the present. I'm never in it. Lol.

Cygnus

Stating that a condition exists does nothing to tell of the intensity or nature of the condition, or relate to how it might affect the reader.

the resident

MBTI Type
esfj
Enneagram
3w8
Stating that a condition exists does nothing to tell of the intensity or nature of the condition, or relate to how it might affect the reader.

I like to write too. It does take a strong theory of mind.