User Tag List

View Poll Results: Love is a universal truth?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • ST---yes

1 4.00%
  • ST---no

1 4.00%
  • SF---yes

2 8.00%
  • SF---no

0 0%
  • NT---yes

3 12.00%
  • NT---no

10 40.00%
  • NF---yes

2 8.00%
  • NF---no

6 24.00%
123 Last

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Default Is love a universal truth?

Should it be the center of all that we are, or all that we try to be?

I have adapted my whole ideology about love. It used to be my mantra, so to speak, but now I think of it in an entirely new light.........

How do you think of love, in terms of where it comes from, and what its purpose it, unconditional versus conditional love. Don't forget both sides of love when you respond.

Please don't launch into definitions of romantic love, like, "Love feels like being overtaken in all your senses." Other threads have already been devoted to that.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i have to say that i share your "love religion". i just don't have the words to describe it. i have tried to, in other threads before.

how about that for a rather pointless answer, lol.
    Enneagram 5w4.

MBTI
    INFJ

Im right with you on this, not sex/love im talking love for fellow mankind, a love for life and existence, we should love each other, ourselves and nature for what it all brings to us. The concept of the self while important easily overtakes our higher functions as a species and makes us forget about universal connectivity, i truly believe we are all just brain cells in something some beings bigger head, we are the universe trying to know itself. If everyone looked at life like that, even a blade of grass has a right to exist and to do what it is in its nature to do. Then I think we would be really well off, certainly wouldnt be a need for war or violence. Its really sad to see so many people sell off their birth right (awareness) for cold porridge like money and power.
    Ground control to Major Tom

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

it's important to differentiate sexual love and universal love. I think they have no relationship. Sexual love burns hot, but burns out, like hate. Universal love is cool and less intense, but can last for your lifetime.
    Passion vs. compassion.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

^ i disagree. i think sexual love is just another form of love.
    Enneagram 5w4.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Should it be the center of all that we are, or all that we try to be?

I have adapted my whole ideology about love. It used to be my mantra, so to speak, but now I think of it in an entirely new light.........
    What is the new way that you think of it?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Im right with you on this, not sex/love im talking love for fellow mankind, a love for life and existence, we should love each other, ourselves and nature for what it all brings to us.
    Why?

The concept of the self while important easily overtakes our higher functions as a species and makes us forget about universal connectivity, i truly believe we are all just brain cells in something some beings bigger head, we are the universe trying to know itself. If everyone looked at life like that, even a blade of grass has a right to exist and to do what it is in its nature to do. Then I think we would be really well off, certainly wouldnt be a need for war or violence. Its really sad to see so many people sell off their birth right (awareness) for cold porridge like money and power.
    What does love have to do with being connected to others? Is it necessary? People who fight wars feel love all the time. Are they really connected? Do you think if we just had more love we would be a Utopian society?

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    it's important to differentiate sexual love and universal love. I think they have no relationship. Sexual love burns hot, but burns out, like hate. Universal love is cool and less intense, but can last for your lifetime.
    Passion vs. compassion.
    What is universal love?

Can you be passionate and have compassion without it being about love?

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    What is the new way that you think of it?
    A more lowly emotion. Like jealousy. A necessary emotion, but not all that we ascribe to it, by far.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Love as a concept is kind of relative, but the neurotransmitters that make up love aren't, and are universal!

Serotonin, oxytocin, dopamine, adrenaline, and vasopressin.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Love as a concept is kind of relative, but the neurotransmitters that make up love aren't, and are universal!

Serotonin, oxytocin, dopamine, adrenaline, and vasopressin.
    Yeah, it is. Relative to everything for humans.

But they aren't universal in animals like they are in us. Unless you are saying all animals feel love.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

Parhaps a more apt question-is love a universal value?