User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Default What's your heaven like?

if you believe in heaven how do you see it?

if you could create your own how would it be?

and...what about hell? what's hell to you?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I see everyone falling out of existence.

If I can, Heaven and Hell will continue as it is, alternating between the good times and the bad times, with Purgatory thrown in somewhere the middle. There's nothing separating them as levels or anything, where only "good" people go to Heaven and "bad" people go to Hell; they're more of phases and every individual enter into their own phases of Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory. That said, there's a sense of continuity, in that no one can really hold fast onto their own places without expending some amount of effort or energy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

I'm not sure where I stand religiously, but I've played with the idea of the after-life.

I imagine that Heaven would be a place where one essentially looses the body, but is left with a conscious mind that understands that it once had a physical form and perceives a world outside of the mind, but one that is relation to it.

One would primarily experience Heaven as darkness, like sleep. You have no real sense of time passing, until one "awakens" into brief periods of consciousness. This would be similar to the way you may suddenly wake up in the middle of the night, roll over and fall back asleep a second later.

These periods would occur would happen randomly and smoothly. During these moments of consciousness, one would feel a constant stream of positive sensations that one felt while alive. Where one's eyes had once been, one would feel the same tingling sensation as when your eyes start to fill with tears of joy. One would have no heart, but you would experience the excitement of racing palpations during a first kiss. Where the fingers once where, one feels that he or she is extending for the grasp of a loved one, but nothing physical is actually there. It's just spiritual, or whatever.

In the mind, it's understood that one once had a life. All memories are there, but they are reviewed passively and with a feeling of total acceptance. For example, if one was murdered to death, one would understand that intellectually. One knows all the details of one's death. In fact, one would know virtually everything about anything instantaneously that appears in one's memory (which is everything that one had ever experienced) and more, but one accepts it all peacefully. At the same time, there is a sense of (a) god/goddesse(s), or some manifestation of perfection. Much the way the planets orbit the sun, one is oriented towards it, yet it's presence is all around and effects everything. All sensation and knowledge is appreciated, but not longed for.

The whole experience makes the "soul" feel eternally blissful, harmonious, secure, loved and loving.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

I think my heaven would be a place where each individual could be their own god. In essence, they can create their own heaven, as they see fit, so long they lie within the limits of my own unlimited heaven. Also, they can't interfere with other peoples heavens. (I'm sure I would enforce other rules but I can't think of anymore at the moment)

As for me, I think I would like my own heaven to be some sort of, possibly eternal, paradise. Although, I can't imagine what a true 'paradise' would be. I would probably have to think for a very long time about that one.

I'd probably get bored with being omnipotent and fade into nothingness.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

that was an interesting read surgery.

i don't actually believe in heaven and hell. well, i do think they exist on earth. we all go through our own heaven and hell in our lives...

i don't know what i think about the afterlife. i have wondered, maybe it could be a bit like buddhism teaches... but instead of "nothingness" as nirvana, maybe it could be something else. maybe nirvana could be the completion of your soul... perfection, unification with love/ God.

or maybe it could be another level of existence where we could be more creative, or something? more aware? better beings?
    Enneagram 5w4.

I believe that a new earth will be made. It will be in a sense a return to the garden of eden. Everything will be perfect including our bodies, and yet there will still be work to do. However, it will not be toilsome work it will be soul fulfilling work that is enjoyable on every level. I believe there will be feasting and celebration, and yet it will be impossible for any celebration to be too extravagant because it will always be done for the glory of God. I also believe there will be times of solitude and peace. In this way humanity will continue into eternity. Always learning, building, and creating more without pain or suffering.

edit: I mean can you imagine what beer, wine or scotch could taste like after people have been perfecting them for thousands of years or how more and more beautiful music will become.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    INFP

Heaven and hell are on earth. Nothing could beat the ecstasy I've already known, nor the pain. There is no afterlife.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

mental peace and quiet... perfect

and who needs hell when people are signifigantly more inventive and able to torture themselves and others than any celestial entity could be?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

There isn't really any way of verifying whether there's an afterlife, so everything is pretty much speculation. However we each perceive the afterlife reflects our own understanding of reality and our values.

I can't really imagine not existing in some form, but just because I can't imagine it doesn't mean that it's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Heaven and hell are on earth. Nothing could beat the ecstasy I've already known, nor the pain. There is no afterlife.
    I always think that, but then I somehow seem to stumble upon something MORE painful, MORE breathtakingly beautiful...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    There isn't really any way of verifying whether there's an afterlife, so everything is pretty much speculation. However we each perceive the afterlife reflects our own understanding of reality and our values.

I can't really imagine not existing in some form, but just because I can't imagine it doesn't mean that it's impossible.

I always think that, but then I somehow seem to stumble upon something MORE painful, MORE breathtakingly beautiful...
    But chemically speaking, you can only be so delighted or depressed. Considering the drugs I've taken and the love I've been in (and the depression that can come with both), it's just not possible.

But to philosophise like a true idealist, I agree. The novelty will make it feel like the highest or the lowest.. but it's not.