User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    For example, tell a classroom full of Army kids to "turn the other cheek when someone hits them" and the whole class will burst into an uproar screaming they'd hit the sorry bastard back several times.
    Turn the other cheek actually refers to a law that was present at the time; yeu hit people with yeur left hand if they were inferior, with yeur right if they were equal to yeu and yeu were challanging them to a duel and such.

In short, turning the other cheek meant yeu were actually saying "try that again and yeu're going to regret it", it's actually a threat and forcing them to consciously accept the threat and possible repercussions of such. It had nothing to do with 'asking for more' or ignoring it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Turn the other cheek actually refers to a law that was present at the time; yeu hit people with yeur left hand if they were inferior, with yeur right if they were equal to yeu and yeu were challanging them to a duel and such.

In short, turning the other cheek meant yeu were actually saying "try that again and yeu're going to regret it", it's actually a threat and forcing them to consciously accept the threat and possible repercussions of such. It had nothing to do with 'asking for more' or ignoring it.
    Reference?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Halla- you covered why I can't be an atheist at all... too many random chances coming together to just be luck... as Einstein said "god doesn't play dice with the universe"... life is amazing, beautiful and varied, but there had to be a spark to jump start it somewhere... ... there was actually a physics professor at my college (a large state university... not a religious college) who liked to use math and physics to prove that there is a god... I of course didn't understand the math involved, but it was a fascinating concept nonetheless

Lightyear- oh crap... the tenent of Christianity I've had the most difficult time with other than hell is that I really have issues beleiving in Jesus That's why I used to go to temple instead of church...

TT- some of us type around 72 words per minute
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    owl- I need to be able to use my manner of interaction and understanding- that includes other people... you do NOT want to be in my presence when I'm writing an essay or you'd totally understand that
    Do you think there are others in the world who could facilitate your manner of interaction and understanding? (I assume here that the bible-belters who surround you are less than ideal). If so, perhaps you should move to where they are. It seems your spiritual/intellectual development is being stunted where you are.

edit: I want a color too!
    Last edited by Owl; 05-03-2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: she's giving people colors now!

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

[QUOTE=whatever;1148778

I really have issues beleiving in Jesus That's why I used to go to temple instead of church...

[QUOTE]

Then don't worry about Jesus, he can take care of himself. Jesus was to live by the same rules anyone does....relax. Just be the best soul you know how to be. And as I mentioned from your writings, you are well on your way.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    ISFP

TT- some of us type around 72 words per minute
    @#$%! You beat me by 3 wpm! (Great thread, BTW.)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Katsuni- yeah... the mysoginistic "women are the root of all evil and should do what the men tell them" idea really irks me... if I ever run across the Apostle Paul, which I won't because he's dead, I really really really want to kick him in the nuts

owl- I can't move... it's expensive and my people are here... and we just got a house :horor:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    How do you people find the time to squeeze out these giant ass posts?
    i know, right?

also, where's my color?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Sniffles

if I ever run across the Apostle Paul, which I won't because he's dead, I really really really want to kick him in the nuts
    I'm sure that keeps him up at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    How do you people find the time to squeeze out these giant ass posts?
    We work on salary. You didnt really think we spent eight hours a day actually working did you?