User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    that could be fun! I always kind of wanted to be a park ranger who led guided tours as well
    That sounds cool too. From what I understand though Forestry jobs tend to be extremely competitive. Something like 1% of people with a Forestry degree end up becoming a park ranger.

I'm sorry if I sound discouraging. I was simply trying to suggest careers that are not quite as competitive.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oh... not a problem... I also would love to be a baker, but even finding a job doing that is hard anymore! My cousin actually IS a forester, which is funny because his degree is in nursing
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Jennifer- something about Christinanity never really clicked with me somehow... I mean, it has some good points and lessons, like treating people well and not fawning over rich people and things of that sort, but something about it has always left me feeling kind of empty in a way... it's never felt like the right path to take to me, from the moment I can remember even thinking about it

It's like dating a friend in a way- you're good friends, you like them well enough but you know that you're never really going to have a romantic relationship that WORKS for both of you... it's just missing something
    Oh, I get it -- you're not gay! Or you are gay! or something....! in terms of religions, I mean!

I'm just sharing my experiences. As far as methodology goes, what Oberon suggested is basically it... you need to find your path and not worry about end result. If you're proceeding with a right attitude and spirit, then you'll end up wherever you are supposed to go.

Somehow from that point on I had a feeling that there should be something else that should make sense... and we can see where that's taken me!
    What makes sense to you, then? What resonates with you? What are your values?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

because I'm not you

obviously, I feel a need for religion if I started this thread

I know. I am simply offering alternative viewpoint.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Jennifer- yeah... kind of like when my friend's dad described the horrors of trying to date women... that wanting it to work, but it just doesn't click in a way... Trying to figure out what works though is kind of like being dropped in a forest with no compass or map, and you don't even know what hemisphere it is in so you can't test the lichen on the trees

I do know that I value peace, balance, respecting all living things (I don't even kill bugs ), equality and kindness... however, ALL religions pretty much have those as a basic tenent

AO- as you have every right to
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Religion sucks. If God doesn't love you, you have something more to be proud of. My father was born 200 m away from the Vatican, so I'm a trusted source.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I do know that I value peace, balance, respecting all living things (I don't even kill bugs ), equality and kindness... however, ALL religions pretty much have those as a basic tenent
    If you already have a list of values that belong to you and that you embrace/breathe, then why do you need a religious framework to plug into?

IOW, what exactly are you looking for? Comfort? Security? Reassurance? Less ambiguity? What need is driving your desire to find an explicable doctrinal statement, vs just following the values you hold dear now?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

oh... not a problem... I also would love to be a baker, but even finding a job doing that is hard anymore! My cousin actually IS a forester, which is funny because his degree is in nursing
    Yeah baker is another good one that fits. Although really any type of restaurant owner would fit. You wouldn't have to be a baker unless you thought that is the only type of food that you could make.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think it's fine and normal to believe there's something out there but possibly just beyond your conception. nobody has all the answers but i think it's important to ask the questions. i don't believe in a god that punishes the ignorant or misguided and i don't believe in sin or hell. i believe it's a learning process and that mistakes are important for growth...but i also believe in reincarnation...whatever...i have a lot of spiritual beliefs but i'm not religious.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INKP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default RE: Victor

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It's not that difficult to stop your thoughts altogether. It only takes practice.

Of course you don't want to stop your thoughts all the time, but turning your thoughts off for a while is relaxing and refreshing.

A good place to start your practice is from the book, "Relief Without Drugs", by Ainslie Mears.
    Meditation? Perhaps...

Though I still retain some skepticism. We two are different people by who knows how much; what's easy for you might not be so easy for me...though I won't know until I try, I expect.
    "Quiiri ath metahn i'ashei?"
    Chronically Gephyrophobic