User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Perception....

Quote Originally Posted by LeafAndSky View Post
    If it makes you happy to include others in your opinion statements by generalizing those statements (using 'we'), go for it.
    This is a shibboleth often repeated here by the literate.

And LeafAndSky I can see you are a highly literate person.

But imperceptibly, bit by bit with every post, you are becoming an electronic person, a member of the etribe.

You can feel my fingertips pressing the keys as I write to you. We are only separated by the screen in front of us. It is as though my finger tips are resting on your finger tips. And when I press your finger tips, it is as though you are reading braille. You don't read the text, you feel the imprint my touch.

And in this way we keep in touch with one another.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This is a shibboleth often repeated here by the literate.

And LeafAndSky I can see you are a highly literate person.

But imperceptibly, bit by bit with every post, you are becoming an electronic person, a member of the etribe.

You can feel my fingertips pressing the keys as I write to you. We are only separated by the screen in front of us. It is as though my finger tips are resting on your finger tips. And when I press your finger tips, it is as though you are reading braille. You don't read the text, you feel the imprint my touch.

And in this way we keep in touch with one another.
    Not only a poet, but a short story writer too! The part about the fingers was good, but you forgot the part about the brains:

As your fingertips press mine onto the keys, 'we' two members of the etribe each feel the brain of the other tendrilling out . . . telepathically, almost organically . . . thought directing thought. Think like me, think like me, your brain transmits. My brain resonates, bell-like, with yours, the vibrations rippling into the noosphere. Think like me, think like me . . . Two brains . . . One imperative . . .

Suddenly LeafAndSky begins writing.

She writes in short, double-spaced lines.

They are short because she's having a hard time.

She's having a hard time because Victor's logic is foreign to her.

Victor must be foreign, yes.

She's up really late and so probably he's in some other time zone.

Which means that the Twilight Zone of the Twilight Post is ruling the story.

Therefore, LeafAndSky has become Victoriana, superb maker of poetic, logically questionable, unintelligible statements.

Meanwhile, Victor, equally possessed by LeafAndSky's brain transmitting to him ("Think like me, think like me"), starts making sense for once in his life. It's a foreign experience for him, too. Yet, he feels great relief and happiness. When the newness of the experience wears off, Victor is moved to help others displaying his former condition and goes on to start a world-famous and extremely effective psychiatric institute.

Epilogue: Two years later Victor L. Sky was chosen as Time Magazine's man of the year for his stellar example of sensible philanthropy. Victoriana, as of this writing, is still institutionalized but has gained a minor audience as an underground poet and does have her own Wikipedia entry.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafAndSky View Post
    Not only a poet, but a short story writer too! The part about the fingers was good, but you forgot the part about the brains:

As your fingertips press mine onto the keys, 'we' two members of the etribe each feel the brain of the other tendrilling out . . . telepathically, almost organically . . . thought directing thought. Think like me, think like me, your brain transmits. My brain resonates, bell-like, with yours, the vibrations rippling into the noosphere. Think like me, think like me . . . Two brains . . . One imperative . . .

Suddenly LeafAndSky begins writing.

She writes in short, double-spaced lines.

They are short because she's having a hard time.

She's having a hard time because Victor's logic is foreign to her.

Victor must be foreign, yes.

She's up really late and so probably he's in some other time zone.

Which means that the Twilight Zone of the Twilight Post is ruling the story.

Therefore, LeafAndSky has become Victoriana, superb maker of poetic, logically questionable, unintelligible statements.

Meanwhile, Victor, equally possessed by LeafAndSky's brain transmitting to him ("Think like me, think like me"), starts making sense for once in his life. It's a foreign experience for him, too. Yet, he feels great relief and happiness. When the newness of the experience wears off, Victor is moved to help others displaying his former condition and goes on to start a world-famous and extremely effective psychiatric institute.

Epilogue: Two years later Victor L. Sky was chosen as Time Magazine's man of the year for his stellar example of sensible philanthropy. Victoriana, as of this writing, is still institutionalized but has gained a minor audience as an underground poet and does have her own Wikipedia entry.
    Bravo!