User Tag List

First 12

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Lets say that the world changes greatly in the future and it happens that the last spiritual person on this words dies at your arms. How would that make you feel ?
    No different than were it anybody else.

Would there be any changes if you see him/her being murdered by governments agents ?
    I find this highly unlikely as a single spiritual person isn't really a huge threat without a large group of spiritual people willing to follow one. But I'd react in a manner consistent with seeing an apparent innocent murdered by an authority figure, that persons spiritually makes no difference.

Would you organize the funeral for this person if there is no living relatives and it costs you almost nothing ? Would you arrange it towards the rules of this person religion or philosophy ?
    No.

Do you think that this would be the end of an era ?
    If it were the last spiritual person, I'd say the era had already ended and another begun before this person died. It would just be the nail in the coffin.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Lets say that the world changes greatly in the future and it happens that the last spiritual person on this words dies at your arms. How would that make you feel ?

Well, that would be quite an experience wouldn't it? I'd get to record the moment for posterity, so I'd try to pay attention for a change and make sure I remember any last words - or lack of them. I'd offer them some comfort. Hell, I'd probably lie through my teeth, and tell them whatever they wanted to hear to make their last moments easier. I can't say as I would miss their beliefs terribly, but I'm not much for cruelty.

Would there be any changes if you see him/her being murdered by governments agents ?

Yes - I'd be worried about the government for a start. Unless they were an aztec revivalalist and into human sacrifice. I'd probably be the one holding the smoking gun in that case.

That sort of government would worry me on many levels. I can't say I would approve, unless the person was engaged in some sort of unpleasantness.

Would you organize the funeral for this person if there is no living relatives and it costs you almost nothing ? Would you arrange it towards the rules of this person religion or philosophy ?

Probably. It seems polite.

Do you think that this would be the end of an era ?

Yes. As some have said before, spirituality could be reborn - it's only an attitude, after all. However, this new wave spirituallity would be seperate from what had existed before. It would cause a disjunction in the beliefs structures, as the concepts it would involve would be new, and quite possibily not based on any thing that had existed in the old times. Even if the rebirth came about because someone read an old religious/spiritual text (or even a txt on a mobile) their interpretation of it would be their own.