User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Great, but I'm not a yankee. If the topic is serious and not a cover for insulting people it can be moved back but me, the Australian, who supposedly enjoys flyting according to this thread, was the one who moved it, no Yanks were involved in this process.
    I know you are not a Yankee and come from Adelaide.

And discussing the Scottish tradition of Flyting is not a cover for insults.

In fact we can't understand Scottish politics or Scottish culture or the Scottish personality without understanding Flyting.

So in the interests of cultural and personal understanding, would you be kind enough to restore this thread to Other Psychology Topics so that all may read it.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

People like myself who enjoy reading medieval literature might have heard of Flyting, but I dont' think the average Glaswegian pubgoer is any more likely to be familiar with the concept than the average American or Australian pubgoer. "The Does This Occur to the Average Bloke Down the Pub?" test being one of the most valid ways to measure whether something is a true national characteristic, naturally.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Great, but I'm not a yankee. If the topic is serious and not a cover for insulting people it can be moved back but me, the Australian, who supposedly enjoys flyting according to this thread, was the one who moved it, no Yanks were involved in this process.
    With respect to you, Trinity, you can go to Granny's 90th birthday party without bringing your own Zimmer frame.

Insults? Whatever next.