User Tag List

123 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default How literally should the constitution be taken?

Yeah, I went there. Not only is this a parody, but it'll be another one of those repetitively endless and endlessly repetitive threads going back and forth between two sides of an argument.
    This thread is where the idea came from. I'm partially mocking them, but I'm partially interested.

How literally should we take this document?

Should we use this document at all anymore?

See below for answers.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've always been an advocate of strict construction for the most part. Loose construction seems to allow too many opportunities for the government to take control they don't need and shouldn't have... and there are examples of this happening. I admit that there needs to be enough flexibility to interpret the principles against new paradigms such as the Internet, air travel, and telecommunication, but this is as far as that flexibility should extend, and not into the realm of giving the government wholly new powers.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    How literally should we take this document?
    As literally as the Bible?

(fishing for help here)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

What about anarchy? Has anyone else thought of that?
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    As literally as the Bible?

(fishing for help here)
    The bible should be taken literally... if it was written as a set of governing laws. How else can you write laws but literally?

(May he who commits murder be as the sun to the moon, and may he set early and quickly so the day can rise again.)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ugh- I can't beleive I'm getting myself into this!

And here's a question to ask before I answer anything- are you speaking of the entire Constitution, the Bill of Rights or all of the Amendments?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*taps foot* well.... are you going to refine the question for me or shall I have to take my vast knowlege of the matter into the kitchen and make some cookies instead of answering this?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

How literally should you take my question?

Go make some cookies.
    we fukin won boys

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

should I take that as the fact that you think all I'm good for as an S woman is baking cookies? if so you're definitley a sexist, Sest prick!

plus- it's not nice to knock things that people are genuinely curious about and interested in! :steam: I'm not going around making fun of the Power Rangers or whatever you're into! *stomps off in a state of rightiousness*

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    should I take that as the fact that you think all I'm good for as an S woman is baking cookies? if so you're definitley a sexist, Sest prick!
    Right, up until you get to the part about 'woman' since I didn't know. As far as me being a sexist goes... maybe, but probably not. If I am sexist, it's that I hate both sexes. And anything in between. (I know I gotta cover all my bases on these sites).

plus- it's not nice to knock things that people are genuinely curious about and interested in!
    Maybe not, but the constitution says I have the right to.
    :steam: I'm not going around making fun of the Power Rangers or whatever you're into! *stomps off in a state of rightiousness*
    You can't make fun of power rangers. It's impossible. They make fun of themselves. It would cause a black hole if you were to make fun of them.

Edit: I think they're working on an amendment right now about that aren't they? No making fun of the power rangers, if you find a way to. I might be confusing that with gay marriage.

See what I did there?
    we fukin won boys