User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 47

  1. #21
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I've always been an advocate of strict construction for the most part. Loose construction seems to allow too many opportunities for the government to take control they don't need and shouldn't have... and there are examples of this happening. I admit that there needs to be enough flexibility to interpret the principles against new paradigms such as the Internet, air travel, and telecommunication, but this is as far as that flexibility should extend, and not into the realm of giving the government wholly new powers.
    Flexibility is a two way street.

  2. #22
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I thought/think that you were being rude
    What was rude? I'd like an exact quote of what you say was rude.

    and I was a bit taken aback that you insinuated that I was stupid just because I'm a sensor!
    I didn't actually, all I said was that I'm Sist. Read carefully please.
    Besides, I'm not actually Sist, that's my sense of humor.

    also- merely one cup of irish coffee is barely a tipsy at all, so please keep your judgements to yourself!
    If it's not very tipsy then why even bring it up? If you haven't had enough to affect you, then how can you really use it as an excuse?

    I appologize to everyone else who may not have quite gotten my sense of humor- I would have enjoyed the question if it were posed in reality as well since it's a subject that I actually have studied in depth so if I'd wanted to I could have given you an explanation that would have left you scratching your head for a good while! I have better things to do than give that good of an explanation to someone who's just trolling though, so if you do start the question in earnest I'd be thrilled to answer!
    It being a joke, and you posting seriously are fine. However, it being a joke and you posting that I'm an asshole just because of a wrongly extrapolated Sist vibe from me (YOU'RE the one who brought up the cookies, and about you being almost drunk. I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't... it's not really fair for you to get irritated that I use what you say against you. If you don't like that don't argue with NTPs.) which I ran with just to antagonize. You're not the only one with an abrasive sense of humor.

    Are you done? Can we go on with the fun part of the thread before you start drawing false typist conclusions from what I write?
    we fukin won boys

  3. #23
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm sorry if you took my sense of humor wrong- I got yours- it just seems a bit cruel and unnecissary to me

    if you wanted to start a non-serious and mean thread the Graveyard would have been the appropriate place to go- I cut back on my non-serious comments in non-serious sectors, so I don't see why you shouldn't

    You seem to be some pathetic, misanthropic person with few life experiences who feels the need to insult others in order to get your kicks, by the way, and I'm not so down with you going around and insulting people- not on my watch anyways- just consider this to be me verbally pinning you down and forcing you to eat sand while I twist your arm behind your back, ok?


    What the hell are you talking about? You obviously didn't get my sense of humor. This thread was meant as a joke, but more of a tongue in cheek one. The kind where I was hoping everyone would take it seriously, because I'm interested in some discussion or debate, but it stemmed from a joke. Still waiting for you 'head-scratcher' of an analysis.

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    sorry Nocapz- I jumped on to attack you because I don't take kindly to people being mean to ixfjs- several good friends are that type and so is my mom, and I really admire their ability to take things seriously and feel deeply about issues- an ability that I lack- and I know that I'm more blunt and have an easier time being mean, so I happily jump in in thier defense!

    Hope you watch who you mess with in the future- I'm going to work, so don't think that I'm running off from confronting you, because I'm not afraid of you at all and do beleive that I could take you in this!
    At what point did I say I was attacking an IxFJ? I wasn't MOCKING Kiddo, I like him. I think he knows that, and I think that's why he didn't mind. Just because I made a joke based on something he posted, doesn't mean that it was an attack on his person. It wasn't even an attack on what he said. I was actually making fun of everyone who engages with purpose in these kinds of discussions. As if anything anyone says will be more important or somehow a logical breakthrough. These things always go in circles, which is why it was a joke.

    Besides, this has nothing to do with Kiddo, and you and I both know it. You didn't start getting irritated until you thought (incorrectly) I made fun of you (by being an Sist/sexist who thinks that you're only good at making cookies. Remember that?), so don't try to put some false nobility in your actions here. I'm calling bullshit.

    You're certainly right about one thing, I'm definitely a misanthrope, but it's not because I have no life experience...
    Sorry Dr. Phil, but cliche/cookie cutter pop-psychology doesn't work on me.

    I think you're just quick to the gun because you see that I have no hesitancy to do the same, and you don't like that in a person, so you go after me directly.
    we fukin won boys

  4. #24
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    As if anything anyone says will be more important or somehow a logical breakthrough. These things always go in circles, which is why it was a joke.
    Isn't that the nature of any argument? I don't take offense to your mocking my topic selection. You aren't the first person on this forum to call the way I choose topics into question. I understand you trying to find humor in it, but it's a joke that has been told so many times that not many people find it to be funny. Only once or twice have I encountered individuals who will converse on a higher plane, and that ultimately leads to a thread becoming a one on one conversation. Often, that even deteriorates into a flame war and petty name calling.

    What is it that you want? A conclusion? An answer? A solution? There is none and probably never will be. The only meaning to it is to try to understand all the point's of view and the underlying, unconscious values that drives people to disregard each other.

  5. #25
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Isn't that the nature of any argument? I don't take offense to your mocking my topic selection.
    Yes, but with these two topics, it's basically impossible. There might be a pinch of originality to someone's argument with these two topics, but at this point, because of their popularity, it's next to impossible to come up with something that hasn't already been said one way or another.
    What is it that you want? A conclusion? An answer? A solution?
    No. I wasn't ACTUALLY asking for anything.
    There is none and probably never will be.
    That's the essence of my OP. I was saying that the bible, like government (ours being the constitution) is argued over, and they NEVER gets anywhere. We're spinning wheels folks. Just like whatever and I. It's silliness. These things are too popular for any aspect to not have been covered in some discussion. Until either entity changes, the arguments won't.

    Hurray! Maybe you don't like the humor, and that's fine, but at least you see what I was getting at. I don't think anyone other than you and Jennifer did, but I don't remember what everyone else posted. Actually I don't remember IF anyone else posted.
    we fukin won boys

  6. #26
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    sorry darling- you don't get me and you really aren't worth shaving my legs for!

    (or answering the question for that sake!)

    I GOT the fact that you were joking and I was just doing my own little thing to piss you off since you seem to hate people so much! Sorry for you that I don't like rude people all that much

    (and another appology to everyone else, I just don't feel the need for this much conflict in my life at the moment)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  7. #27
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Yes, but with these two topics, it's basically impossible. There might be a pinch of originality to someone's argument with these two topics, but at this point, because of their popularity, it's next to impossible to come up with something that hasn't already been said one way or another.
    True, but that wasn't the point of my thread. Understanding why people believe something is only half the battle. Understanding how they understand it is generally what I'm after. Haven't you ever noticed that a person's beliefs say more about their upbringing, experiences, and values than a test like MBTI ever could? Understanding where a person is coming from is infinitely more important than understanding what they believe. But perhaps that is the difference between task oriented types and people oriented types. All you see is mindless, repetitive squabbling over the same old topics, whereas I see an entirely new set of possibilities in understanding the way people think and feel about the world.

  8. #28
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    wow what a hilarious thread

  9. #29
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Maybe not, but the constitution says I have the right to.
    Having the constitutional right to free speech doesn't translate into always being allowed to say everything you want to say. For example, it's kind of a bad idea to namecall and flamebait on internet forums where your presence is an implicit agreement to abide by a set of guidelines which discourage those behaviors. You will not experience any consequences from the government for doing so, but you may experience consequences from the forum's administration. *elbows the thread participants*
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  10. #30
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    wow what a hilarious thread
    It's lawlful eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Having the constitutional right to free speech doesn't translate into always being allowed to say everything you want to say. For example, it's kind of a bad idea to namecall and flamebait on internet forums where your presence is an implicit agreement to abide by a set of guidelines which discourage those behaviors. You will not experience any consequences from the government for doing so, but you may experience consequences from the forum's administration. *elbows the thread participants*
    Oh... did I start that argument?
    we fukin won boys

Similar Threads

  1. Should pop culture be taken more seriously?
    By Grand Admiral Crunch in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-03-2017, 02:53 PM
  2. Should the world be taught to slow the fuck down?
    By Cellmold in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-07-2013, 11:12 PM
  3. Amendments that should be added to the Constitution
    By Elfboy in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 02:29 PM
  4. How literally should the Bible be interpreted?
    By Kiddo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 07:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO