• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Celtic paganism - personal experiences

gromit

likes this
Mmm...it's kinda..a hard question to answer :D

No, I grew up in a family that worshipped science and scoffed at anything to do with religion. And in a sense, what I practise really is a lifestyle rather than a religion.

I however always have felt connected with the Earth. In every way. I used to devour books and magazines as a kid on anything to do with nature. And I grew up amidst fields and plains. What I mean is..it's part of who I am, always has been :)

I remember wondering at 13 why it was that (I went to catholic school) we were ok with worshipping an old man looking down on us from the skies, but did not think to thank the 'mother' who gave life to us all: the Earth. And I even contemplated starting my own religion :blush:

I found nature religions at the age of 20 though, in the format of 'Wicca'. And at that point, I consciously started practising the Craft, as it's known. Looking back though, those influences, and the things I work with, have always been present in my life :)

Beautiful. Do you practice in a formalized setting or is it more informal?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I've always been a proponent of learning from the old.. I tend to look a lot to more ancient religions and beliefs as a guide.. I think they were more in tune with the Earth than we will ever be, and so they seem to be the best ones to consult on it.

Animistic religions always rang to me. To believe there is life, and spirit, in everything, whether it breathes or not... I remember as a kid looking out at the ocean and thinking how alive it was. Druid practices are ones I'd love to indulge into learning if given the time.

I think if I had lots of money and money wasn't a worry for me.. I'd be a town herbalist or something. Or I'd study religions, I've always found them absolutely fascinating.

I had a whole write up for this, and my internet died last night and wiped it out. :(

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Beautiful. Do you practice in a formalized setting or is it more informal?

Grin...I'm NFP...informal ;)
I'm a fly by the seat of my pants-kinda gal, and that shows in my spirituality as well.

I've tried to be a good little girl (especially when learning Wicca) and do the ritualized stuff, only to feel...nothing. I've learned to listen to my gut, and my gut tells me that I don't feel like learning several incantations by heart, or have to focus on using 500 different little trinkets in ritual. I like the idea of it..and I tried it for a long time. Doesn't work.

These days, all I need are my crystal ball, a candle, and perhaps some incense and a lighter. And that's already elaborate for my practices ;)

The bare minimum *any* witch needs is her mind and the desire to accomplish something. Though, granted, it takes a witch with a strong sense of self, and a strong will to focus to ignore any surroundings and not need any sensory triggers.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Definitely online/books :)

I find spirituality something very individualistic and I never did feel at home in groups for that reason.