User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes, the myth teaches that the Father was offended by us and in order to forgive us, he tortured His Son to death.

This is blood sacrifice to appease an angry God.
    Not exactly.

His death balanced the scales of justice. Since a perfect man caused the situation, another perfect man needed to give his life make it perfect. Anything less would have perverted God's perfect justice.

It is fascinating that sin is equated with carnal desire.

And this is because the carnal desire is the desire for women.

And the misogynists believed women were inferior and dirty, not much more than animals and to be treated as chattels.

And Christ after all was above all that - he was not only man but God as well. He couldn't actually desire women, that would be beneath his dignity.

Christ is the perfect misogynist image - untainted by women.
    Do you think homosexual men are misogynistic?

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You guys keep talking as if the idea of him being single is fact. You don't know that.
    This is a good point...

You guys keep talking as though a myth were literally true.
    Also a good point. There are parts of the story, though, that are generally-accepted history by Christians and non-Christians alike.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Not exactly.

His death balanced the scales of justice. Since a perfect man caused the situation, another perfect man needed to give his life make it perfect. Anything less would have perverted God's perfect justice.
    Don't argue with Victor. It accomplishes nothing useful.

Not exactly.

It must be obvious that to talk of perfect men and perfect justice is to speak in terms of myth.

This is a very powerful myth that underlies our society. However it is also a misogynist myth based on child abuse.

God orders Abraham to gut and sacrifice his son, then God sacrifices his own Son. This is simply child abuse and its mythical justification.

MBTI
    INTJ

It must be obvious that to talk of perfect men and perfect justice is to speak in terms of myth.

This is a very powerful myth that underlies our society. However it is also a misogynist myth based on child abuse.

God orders Abraham to gut and sacrifice his son, then God sacrifices his own Son. This is simply child abuse and its mythical justification.
    Maybe Abraham/Isaac was symbolic of what God as a father would do to his son for the sake of all humankind?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Maybe Abraham/Isaac was symbolic of what God as a father would do to his son for the sake of all humankind?
    This is a bit daft, it was just the son of God that died but God incarnate, you might aswell say that the passion of Christ endorses suicide.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    This is a bit daft, it was just the son of God that died but God incarnate, you might aswell say that the passion of Christ endorses suicide.

Not sure what you are saying here?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ... isn't anger one of the deadly sins?

and didn't jesus pitch a fit and toss the moneylenders out of the temple?

I dunno, but it doesn't seem that Jesus was completely without sin

Unless you consider it being a clean slate whenever he prayed for forgiveness, but by that definition John Gotti died without sin
    Hmm, I reckon that the expelling of the moneylenders with a whipwas more than paid for by the scourging at the pillar, dont you think?

Its not anger BTW its wrath, although I'm not sure that tossing some tables and chasing people constitutes wrath really.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ... isn't anger one of the deadly sins?

and didn't jesus pitch a fit and toss the moneylenders out of the temple?

I dunno, but it doesn't seem that Jesus was completely without sin
    You should probably take that up with him when you see him. :rolli:

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Hmm, I reckon that the expelling of the moneylenders with a whipwas more than paid for by the scourging at the pillar, dont you think?

Its not anger BTW its wrath, although I'm not sure that tossing some tables and chasing people constitutes wrath really.
    that was my point... anger, wrath, throwing an amazing temper tantrum... any of those probably aren't on the New Testament God's List of Holy Virtues (now the old testament one... that's a bit more questionable )

I just remember that because I heard an interesting sermon on Jesus understanding sin because he himself had even sinned, which was proof that repentant sinners could enter Heaven... that was one of the few times I actually paid attention when forced to go to church... it was a guest minister that sunday!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett