User Tag List

12 Last

Default Sensors and Mindfulness

So I was thinking about this as I was falling asleep recently (either in my bed or on the train, can't recall)... the principle or concept of mindfulness... I suspect that Sensors might naturally have a better handle on it.

I don't want to be stereotyping though.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Maybe. I don't even know what it is.

I added a link to the OP.

Side note: I particularly liked the quote toward the end of the article...

We should always try to be active coming out of samadhi. For this, we have to forget things like "I should be mindful of this or that". If you are mindful, you are already creating a separation ("I - am - mindful - of - ...."). Don't be mindful, please! When you walk, just walk. Let the walk walk. Let the talk talk (Dogen Zenji says: "When we open our mouths, it is filled with Dharma"). Let the eating eat, the sitting sit, the work work. Let sleep sleep.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Maybe more of an ISP or SP thing. SJs tend to be on missions, all the time, from what I've noticed. Clear purpose to their actions.

In what way do you mean mindfulnes? The buddhist or Zen sense? Its pretty complicated, particularly to a western mind and I'm convinced that the essential truths dont travel well and much is lost in translation, besides mindfulness there's two other concepts which accompany it which are often ommitted which are wakefulness and watchfulness.

Often when people in the west think of mindfulness they are thinking of the state of "no mind" or overcoming over cerebration, ie getting out of your head, not over thinking, bridging the mind body dichotomy which exists massively in the western psyche. So perhaps it could be considered that a particular type would have advantage or greater fortune, however they would have to strive less, therefore could not experience the same satisfaction with success or progress.

There is a western sense of this word, neuro-psychology has developed a common language with much of zen too but the meanings are a little different, an attachment and attunement meaning of mindfulness would entail the extent to which someone has developed a comprehension of others thoughts and likely reactions on the basis of an internalised "theory of mind" which has then become hard wired.

In the later western sense no type would have greater or lesser fortune in mindfulness, its a matter of genetic inheritance and family cultural acting in a deterministic fashion upon the growing individual.

Yeah I meant the Zen/Buddhist sense. I didn't realize there was a neuro-psychology definition. Tell me about wakefulness and watchfulness. I have never heard of the distinction before...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Mindfulness is fine and dandy, but why ought it to be the unquestioned objective?
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

I don't know if anyone was saying that it is the unquestioned objective...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I guess it was me mistakenly reading between the lines, then.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I added a link to the OP.

Side note: I particularly liked the quote toward the end of the article...
    My son asked me one day, why cant I stop thinking about something. I told him something along the lines that as long as he is trying to stop he will always have a validation in his mind that leads back to the thought.
    Im out, its been fun