User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Cool, as long as I don't have to sacrifice a goat or a virgin or something.
    So they didn't tell you the part about humping a goat?

bahhhaaaaa!

¿Qué?

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    How often in a day do we actually give another human being our un-distracted attention? I'm not always successful in doing so, but marvel at how much richer and happy life can be in the moments I succeed in doing so.
    I spent the whole day building a table with my friend. Then we made pancakes for everyone. While doing this I neglected my work. Once again. My priorities are not meant for this world. It was a good day, though...

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNoLimits View Post
    ...the concepts of human behavior development are explained in Biblical Genesis depiction of Adam, Eve, and original sin...
    "The Origin of Species", by Charles Darwin shows there was no Adam and Eve.

And there being no Adam and Eve, there was no Original Sin, and so there is no need for Redemption.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And there being no Adam and Eve, there was no Original Sin, and so there is no need for Redemption.
    Nah, it was just symbolic. The deal was to not get on land.

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Nah, it was just symbolic. The deal was to not get on land.

Yeah, the first sinner was a fish who thought they could walk.

Yes, our first sin was hubris, and we have been walking towards our nemesis ever since.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNoLimits View Post
    I'm hoping this gigantic wall-o-text is not so intimidating that it deters you from reading!

This is a very wide-spanning idea so I will try my best to explain, please be patient with my limited vocabulary and word selection. What I would like is feedback, what relevance it has to you personal or impersonally, rational or emotional... I encourage everyone to contribute your thoughts and feelings on the subject.

It starts with self-actualization. Anything a person does involves a motive that is somehow linked to what they believe will be self-actualizing. When a person commits a crime, motive is a big question... with theft, this is never difficult because the motive almost always boils down to tangible gain, and rarely would something personal like a grudge need to be considered. The reasons for murder are more complex, more often personal. The motive for rape is the intangible but very personal self-pleasure. Regardless, crimes are all forms of self-actualization that take a short-cut from society's typical, fair means of attaining the same outcome.

*snip*.
    Self-actualisation is not the same as the indulgence of instincts. Rape is the indulgence of an instinct, not self-actualization. Unless, of course, ones actualized self is a rapist.
    We can use Maslow's Hierarchy of needs to demonstrate this.

File:Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you can see from that, sexual gratification comes under a different (lower?) order of needs; physiological. I imagine most people would agree self-actualization is a narrower term than how you are applying it.

This isnt entirely semantics either, the fact you use the same term for everyone sort of need indicates to me that you see all categories of needs as the same. Since they arent, it worries me. ;P
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump