User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

yeah, pragmatic reasons matter in relationships. i don't see love as an emotion, though. for me, love is a fact... it's a fact that can be swayed by emotions, circumstances... losing faith is losing faith in the fact that love is real. for me love is just the connectedness of life. i see meaning in that connectedness. it's faith, because i might be wrong, it might all be "arbitrary" and meaningless, but i don't think so. love to me is not just some feeling of infatuation, but it's vowen in life itself...
    Enneagram 5w4.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    yeah, pragmatic reasons matter in relationships. i don't see love as an emotion, though. for me, love is a fact... it's a fact that can be swayed by emotions, circumstances... losing faith is losing faith in the fact that love is real. for me love is just the connectedness of life. i see meaning in that connectedness. it's faith, because i might be wrong, it might all be "arbitrary" and meaningless, but i don't think so. love to me is not just some feeling of infatuation, but it's vowen in life itself...
    Well is it real (a fact) or isn't it real?

And could you explain what you meant by connectedness of life as if I were a 10 year old extreme S?

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

we don't know the truth. i can't tell you what the truth is. i only know my beliefs (which consist of current scientifically proven theories and my feelings).

connectedness of life is how life works. you know ... sun shines, a plant grows out of water, gives us oxygen, gives animals food, animals eat each other to live... you can see that plainly as brutal, but you can also see that as beautiful.

you can see that we're doomed, or you can see that we can evolve... what do you value?
    Enneagram 5w4.

MBTI
    ISFJ

we don't know the truth. i can't tell you what the truth is. i only know my beliefs (which consist of current scientifically proven theories and my feelings).

I wasn't talking about the truth. I was talking about facts.*Something that is indisputably the case.

connectedness of life is how life works. you know ... sun shines, a plant grows out of water, gives us oxygen, gives animals food, animals eat each other to live... you can see that plainly as brutal, but you can also see that as beautiful.

you can see that we're doomed, or you can see that we can evolve... what do you value?
    Eh? So basically what you are saying is nothing more than love is a phenomenon like any other that just happens? You think you need to write it out as connectedness of life? :P Do you care at all about being understood?

As for doom VS evolution, how does that apply to love and where the hell did that even come from??!

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i think love is the most important "phenomenon"

do you value life, or not? if you're eating a hamburger, do you value the cow that gave its life for you to eat? :P do you ever think about cows and their needs?

i know love exists, because i have felt it, because i value life... because i see meaning in life/ the circle of life. i can't tell you what to think. you have to figure that out for yourself.

i think if we value life and see some beauty and meaning in it, we'd be more inclined to think that it matters, if we survive, or not, or how we treat each other.
    Enneagram 5w4.

MBTI
    ISFJ

i think love is the most important "phenomenon"

do you value life, or not? if you're eating a hamburger, do you value the cow that gave its life for you to eat? :P do you ever think about cows and their needs?
    Nope.

i know love exists, because i have felt it, because i value life... because i see meaning in life/ the circle of life. i can't tell you what to think. you have to figure that out for yourself.
    Uh? Okay, you aren't making much sense. I didn't say love didn't exist. You said it was a fact.

i think if we value life and see some beauty and meaning in it, we'd be more inclined to think that it matters, if we survive, or not, or how we treat each other.
    What does valuing life and seeing beauty and meaning in it have to do with facts?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

facts? what facts? that love is fact? or what?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i didn't say love was a fact. i said it's a fact for me.
    Enneagram 5w4.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah me too.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

and...the thing is...if the way you feel is a fact and the way life will be is a theory you put faith in the fact and let it guide how you conduct yourself in the future.
    -Jim Morrison