User Tag List

First 345

Thread: Waking up

Sacred Geometry Around the Sacred Hilltops

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    I am reading the wikipedia page. Do you live in Victoria?
    I am a denizen of Canberra, the Capital of Oz. A city designed by a landscape architect, Walter Burley Griffin and his wife Marion, both Theosophists.

So interestingly Canberra is designed on the principles of Theosophy.

So although Canberra is the newest Capital, it is designed like all ancient Capitals on the religious principle of sacred geometry.

And if you look at a map you will see all the circles, and that no mountain top or hilltop is built on.

So not only do we live in sacred geometry but the hilltops are reserved for the gods and the kangaroos.

The Affectionate Diminutive - Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    I just realized "Oz" was synonymous with Australia.
    Yes, we are laconic and like to shorten everything. And Australia is such a long word we shorten it to Oz. And so we are all Ozzies or Aussies.

Yes, we are very fond of the affectionate diminutive, and you don't get much more diminutive than Oz.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Well, in the case of most men, our little mates are far more likely to wander into trouble when they're in charge rather than our brains, aren't they?

The issue you describe with emotional education of children stems from radical individualism. Everyone is responsible for the trouble they find themselves in. However, no one is responsible for the trouble of others. Of course, this is antithetical to the parent-child relationship, where the parent is indeed responsible for the trouble children find themselves in.

Americans do not like being responsible for things they cannot control. So they express this as rage in early childhood, and then place them in school systems whose primary function is not to educate, but to keep children under control.

This is because Americans don't see their children as individuals, but rather as extensions of themselves. Thus an American mother is more likely to scold a child by telling her that she is embarrassing the mother, rather than telling the child that her behavior is shameful.
    I can't speak for the entirety of America on this issue, but I feel like this applies to me when I was in school. Of course, embarrassment is a symptom of shameful behavior, but the mother does not address this connection to the child. So she treats the child as if she were an extension of herself rather than reverting to an ignorant perspective and illuminating the situation.

But I see that this is gradually changing, or at least there is a dichotomy to it. Some Americans are more rational in their ways of teaching younger generations.

American education is not just a daycare, but also a facility that enforces curriculum without engaging in critical thought. And this is why at the universities, they will ask you to "unlearn" everything in the philosophy classes.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes, we are laconic and like to shorten everything. And Australia is such a long word we shorten it to Oz. And so we are all Ozzies or Aussies.

Yes, we are very fond of the affectionate diminutive, and you don't get much more diminutive than Oz.
    If you shorten your vocabulary, does this mean you castrate who you are?

MBTI
    NICE

Crepuscularity

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    So the phrase, "my little mate", is used ironically to refer to a slightly shady friend.
    You are again quite correct, in addition to being observant.

Crepuscular comes in two flavours. Matutinal - which is the period before the dawn - and vespertine, the twilight period before the sun sets.

So when we wake up, we do so to the music of matutinal crepuscularity; and when we go to sleep we do so to the music of vespertine crepuscularity.

Whereas you are matutinal in your leanings, I prefer the vespertine.

Listen to them, the children of the night. What sweet music they make.

I'm slighty humored by the directions this thread has developed into.

But I'm still intreagued at the acusations raised against Osho, and would encourage anyone with more information that can shed light over this to step forward and post.

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.