User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Waking up

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    He's just asking you to clarify yourself Victor. Not sure why you jump to him having an ulterior motive. You're not going to accept this (seeing that everyone else has mentioned it one way or another), but your posting style is hard to follow sometimes. Plus, you have a tendency to start mentioning all kinds of side conspiracy issues (like your conspiracy about "American English" above), and it just starts clouding whatever it is you originally were saying.
    +1

Plus, Victor, you assume two much, and proceed to draw conclusions on said assumptions. And I am not american.

Another Con Artist

He (like your conspiracy about "American English" above)
    You are just ignorant of how, why and where American English came from. But you display you ignorance with all the confidence of a confidence artist, a con artist.

Confidence man.. Hmm.. Uh, Sure, I guess I'm cool with that. I always thought it took more to be a con man, but now I feel so relieved. I will now embark on a lucrative career selling snake oil and the miracle cure for baldness. Who would have thought such awesome skillz just came down to denying the secret truth about Daniel Webster.

Seriously though.

The Pol Pot of English

Confidence man.. Hmm.. Uh, Sure, I guess I'm cool with that. I always thought it took more to be a con man, but now I feel so relieved. I will now embark on a lucrative career selling snake oil and the miracle cure for baldness. Who would have thought such awesome skillz just came down to denying the secret truth about Daniel Webster.

Seriously though.
    Seriously, it's not Daniel, it is Noah. It is Noah Webster.

No wonder you think it is a conspiracy 'cause you have the wrong Webster.

No, Noah Webster is a well known American revolutionary and ideologue who decided to cut American English off from its history, just as the other American revolutionaries decided to cut America off from England.

Noah is known in lexicographic circles as the Pol Pot of English.

And of course he wrote Webster's American Dictionary.

Noah Webster. Got it.

Either way, this is not the direction I care to see the thread to go. You are only latching on to a side comment I made. The point of my post was that you're being unfair to phobik, accusing him of "ulterior motives" simply because he wants you to clarify yourself. It was a simple request, I thought. Instead, you painted him as argumentative, and then just inferred that he's got something up his sleeve, and went on some mini rant about Americans and scientology or something. I pointed out how you're being unhelpful in doing this, and here you are, imagining ulterior motives in me as well, except in my case, I'm some "confidence man".

Anyways, I'm only interested in the thread moving forward and that there be clear communication. That it doesn't get derailed with that shit. So is phobik, I imagine. Nobody here is asking much. And personally, I don't care either way about the guru guy in the original vid. He's boring. So it's not like I'm trying to defend him. I'm not part of the "conspiracy".

Noah Webster. Got it.

Either way, this is not the direction I care to see the thread to go. You are only latching on to a side comment I made. The point of my post was that you're being unfair to phobik, accusing him of "ulterior motives" simply because he wants you to clarify yourself. It was a simple request, I thought. Instead, you painted him as argumentative, and then just inferred that he's got something up his sleeve, and went on some mini rant about Americans and scientology or something. I pointed out how you're being unhelpful in doing this, and here you are, imagining ulterior motives in me as well, except in my case, I'm some "confidence man".

Anyways, I'm only interested in the thread moving forward and that there be clear communication. That it doesn't get derailed with that shit. So is phobik, I imagine. Nobody here is asking much. And personally, I don't care either way about the guru guy in the original vid. He's boring. So it's not like I'm trying to defend him. I'm not part of the "conspiracy".
    And I am saying you are asleep because you take things at face value.

Bhagwan is taken at face value. MBTI is taken at face value. Even the very language you speak is taken at face value.

The way to wake up seems obvious.

Are you that desperate to derail the thread that you try making even this one about MBTI now..? Sheesh.

You're right though, I am asleep. I tried to ask you nicely to stay on track, but I think the way to wake up is to put you on ignore.

I'm still waiting for any reference to your claims Victor.

The Meaning of a Conversation

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    I'm still waiting for any reference to your claims Victor.
    Good heavens Phobik, this is not a peer reviewed journal. This is a conversation.

And so self expression is the order of the day that elicits self expression in reply.

This conversation is most like a telephone conversation. We never accuse anyone of making claims, never mind demanding references for the claims.

Self expression is intensely self revealing and I can imagine this is something you may wish to avoid with your peremptory demand for references.

And at a deeper level this is a conversation where the meaning of a post is its response.

I can see that this simple fact is elusive, just as the meaning of a conversation is elusive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Good heavens Phobik, this is not a peer reviewed journal. This is a conversation.

And so self expression is the order of the day that elicits self expression in reply.

This conversation is most like a telephone conversation. We never accuse anyone of making claims, never mind demanding references for the claims.

Self expression is intensely self revealing and I can imagine this is something you may wish to avoid with your peremptory demand for references.

And at a deeper level this is a conversation where the meaning of a post is its response.

I can see that this simple fact is elusive, just as the meaning of a conversation is elusive as well.
    Sure. Academia protocol aside, I was surprised by your initial comments and merely wanted to confirm if you had some source for them or if they where pulled out of some donkey's ass