User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Waking up

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Ironically, the slowness of his speech is about to make me crash.
    Yeah... it should really be called "Falling Asleep"... screw counting sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh was a murderous crook and a hypnotist.
    Could you elaborate on this?

Wikipedia has en entry on his arrest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osho_%2...9#Arrest:_1985

Considering his "shake them" attitude, I can see him becoming an inconvinience to the system, and from the description in the link above, it seems they toke the opportunity of him braking some immigration law ["oh noes, the bastard, burn him at the fire!" wtf?! ] to shut him down.

If anyone has more to add, please do.

If we hide Bhagwan's history, we are his shills.

In the same way that Americans are the shills of Noah Webster.

For Noah Webster was an American revolutionary who hid the history of English from Americans in his Webster's American Dictionary.

And so Noah made every American a shill for the revolution.

Why even your last President, George W. Bush said, "The French don't even have a word for entrepreneur".

And every time an American writes, "center", they forget that, "centre", comes from the French. So the centre cannot hold and mere revolution is loosed upon the world.
    I tried to follow your reasoning but failed. Can you rephrase it?

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    I tried to follow your reasoning but failed. Can you rephrase it?
    I was saying that if we take the Bhagwan at face value, we will be conned.

I was saying that if we take the Bhagwan at face value, we will be conned.
    Face value? Black market for human organs? I don't understand this, could you be more clear?

Face value? Black market for human organs? I don't understand this, could you be more clear?
    If we accept Bhagwan as he presents himself to us, we are likely to be tricked into a hypnotic state where we are suggestible to the Bhagwan's suggestions.

And in the past he has suggested to his followers that they commit crimes such as fraud and murder.

Fortunately the Bhagwan is now dead. But some of his lieutenants are still making money off him in an ashram in India. And the video below is part of their propaganda to part you and your money.

If we accept Bhagwan as he presents himself to us, we are likely to be tricked into a hypnotic state where we are suggestible to the Bhagwan's suggestions.

#1And in the past he has suggested to his followers that they commit crimes such as fraud and murder.

Fortunately the Bhagwan is now dead. But some of his lieutenants are still making money off him in an ashram in India. #2And the video below is part of their propaganda to part you and your money.
    #1 Can you provide any source for this? The only murder references I found were of him accusing others against trying this on his followers, or accusations against some of his followers.

#2 I am no worshiper of anything or anyone and stumbled upon OSHO's message as an integration to others and their messages, and this is still what I take from the content I come across. However, I am not defending anyone, and therefore I am intrigued at your claims and curious for any references you can provide to back them up, adding that I am familiar such drive exists in some [many] religious movements, by using the name and power of religion and god with the promise of peace and relief/forgiveness to drive people into contributing their money and patrimony.

Ulterior Motive

#1 Can you provide any source for this? The only murder references I found were of him accusing others against trying this on his followers, or accusations against some of his followers.

#2 I am no worshiper of anything or anyone and stumbled upon OSHO's message as an integration to others and their messages, and this is still what I take from the content I come across. However, I am not defending anyone, and therefore I am intrigued at your claims and curious for any references you can provide to back them up, adding that I am familiar such drive exists in some [many] religious movements, by using the name and power of religion and god with the promise of peace and relief/forgiveness to drive people into contributing their money and patrimony.
    Perhaps you think I am here to engage in an argument with you. Or perhaps you think conversation should hide behind ersatz logic.

If this is so, it seems to me you have an ulterior motive.

And this would be all of a piece with your interest in Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and his lieutenants in Poona, India.

A Con Artist

...this is still what I take from the content I come across.
    This is not so strange as most here take the content of MBTI at face value and ignore the history of Carl Jung and Mrs Briggs and her daughter Mrs Myers.

And this is so familiar because most take the content of their language, American English, for granted. Whereas American English was deliberately and systematically cut off from its history by the American revolutionary and lexicographer, Noah Webster.

And deliberately cut off from history, Americans are limited to logic and ideology. And so Americans fall prey to any cult that comes along, whether it be Scientology, Mormonism, MBTI or even Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh.

But what amazes me about Americans is not their deliberate ignorance of history but their self confidence.

And of course it is the confidence of the Confidence Artist.

And that is precisely what Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh was - a Confidence Artist - a Con Artist.

No wonder you find a resonance.

He's just asking you to clarify yourself Victor. Not sure why you jump to him having an ulterior motive. You're not going to accept this (seeing that everyone else has mentioned it one way or another), but your posting style is hard to follow sometimes. Plus, you have a tendency to start mentioning all kinds of side conspiracy issues (like your conspiracy about "American English" above), and it just starts clouding whatever it is you originally were saying.