User Tag List

Thread: Fraternity/Brotherhood/Solidarity

Default Fraternity/Brotherhood/Solidarity

Does it exist? Is a political principle/value/goal or can it never be anything other than informal norm? Does it feature in your life or philosophy of life? How important is it? Relative to other things I mean

9w8 sp/sx

To believe in the life of love. To walk in the way of honor. To serve in the light of truth.

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

I was a member in and officer in a professional fraternity in college and I can say that there IS something to the bond that you have

My brothers (and sisters) formed a family away from home- we looked after each other, helped each other at times when you'd normally turn to a sibling or cousin and there are brothers who I would trust with anything- they helped me out a lot when I needed it and I've been told that I was of help to quite a few people at the right time as well... there are a few members who I still look at as REAL honorary family members- so yes, if you have the right fraternity or sorority you have a family
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett