First 678

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Why are you playing games, then?

Everything about you, Victor,seems like a big game to me... where you flit about and try to avoid being TrulyKnown. Your prose, while melodic, seems to me many times to operate as a means of deflecting attention from who you are, in toto, rather than an attempt to truly enbgage others as you. you feel safer masquerading as your talent than as a complex and tangible human being.

sooooo.... are you going to ever buy me dinner, or are you going to stop playing games?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Pain and Misery

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Why are you playing games, then?

Everything about you, Victor,seems like a big game to me... where you flit about and try to avoid being TrulyKnown. Your prose, while melodic, seems to me many times to operate as a means of deflecting attention from who you are, in toto, rather than an attempt to truly enbgage others as you. you feel safer masquerading as your talent than as a complex and tangible human being.

sooooo.... are you going to ever buy me dinner, or are you going to stop playing games?
    If I were playing games, this would soon pall for me. But because I am myself, I can keep on posting.

And because I satisfy myself, I am constantly renewing myself. I always have something to say. I always have a new idea.

So I wonder why you and aphrodite-gone-awry accuse me of game playing. At first I thought you were projecting. But then I realised it was more serious.

What you don't like about me is that I am not depressed.

In other words, I don't mirror your depression.

This is almost unbearable for you, so you try and bring me down.

However I have a bubbling spring inside me that is irrepressible.

I have seen how painful depression is in others, and how misery loves company.

But pain and misery don't attract me.

Enneagram
    1w2

You know Victor, whenever you would start threads like this I'd just want to merge them into one superthread and forget about them. I haven't read this thread, just throwing in my .2 based on the title.

I've read four whole books(!!) since January that had some variation of MBTI within their pages.

One book about improving your business writing has you take a 10 question quiz with the results of being a Thinker, Feeler, Juggler, and Planner.

Another one I read about personal finance has you take a short personality quiz which dumps you into four extreme and common financial personalities: SJ=Scrooge/Nester, SP=Gambler/Bon vivant, NT=Miser/Entrepreneur, NF=Shopaholic/Traveler.

Another about interpersonal communication in the workplace splits you up into 20 different personality types and gives characteristics and traits of the work styles of those types. If you know enough about MBTI you can place them into four groups, with some leftover that can fit anywhere.

I flip through a lot of book in the business section of the local bookstores and you see this in a substantial portion of them.

So yeah, I'm starting to understand what you're saying now that I'm seeing MBTI pop up. It's suitable to help you communicate and understand other people better because evidently with all these opportunities to bridge gaps and plug holes to miscommunication more and more misunderstandings are occuring. But then again, it's a cheat sheet to other people and not really helpful aside from basic superficialities.

Also, I was asked at a recent job interview if I knew my MBTI type. I didn't like it. I felt like I was going to get judged based on my answer.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    And I am listening to you, Victor. But you are not talking to me.

In reality you would rather banter than turn inside and reflect.

And if someone wants to listen to you, you say, "You are playing games with me."

Yet still I listen. And wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

So I wonder why you and aphrodite-gone-awry accuse me of game playing. At first I thought you were projecting. But then I realised it was more serious.

I have not accused you of game playing. Yet you nearly accused me of it earlier in your thread.

What you see is what you get with me, Victor. Why all the deflections?

To Protean: So I guess it's the hip thing right now to use a 'personality type' perspective to help sell popular books. Kinda like the dating services that have some Keirsyan-like test on them. People like it because they can sense some vaguely pertinent application, but they don't realize it's their imagination using stereotyping to fill in the rest, which can never be good. Like how people use astrology (as Victor as pointed out) or blood type.........I think it's extremely unethical to ask MBTI type in an interview. There needs to be some studies done on MBTI type and discrimination in the work place. What did you say your type was? How did you respond to that question?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    To Protean: So I guess it's the hip thing right now to use a 'personality type' perspective to help sell popular books. Kinda like the dating services that have some Keirsyan-like test on them. People like it because they can sense some vaguely pertinent application, but they don't realize it's their imagination using stereotyping to fill in the rest, which can never be good. Like how people use astrology (as Victor as pointed out) or blood type.........I think it's extremely unethical to ask MBTI type in an interview. There needs to be some studies done on MBTI type and discrimination in the work place. What did you say your type was? How did you respond to that question?
    All major dating sites use some form of MBTI: Match, Chemistry, eHarmony.

As for my response to the interviewer I said "Oh, I remember that...I took it in college as part of a career assessment program...oh let me see if I remember...I'm an extrovert...yeah you can tell I'm an extrovert [insert laughter], I think I'm a feeler...I'm not quite sure if I remember the rest." La la la lalalala. Then: "Why do you want to know?" which probably came off as aggressive and accusatory.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    All major dating sites use some form of MBTI: Match, Chemistry, eHarmony.

As for my response to the interviewer I said "Oh, I remember that...I took it in college as part of a career assessment program...oh let me see if I remember...I'm an extrovert...yeah you can tell I'm an extrovert [insert laughter], I think I'm a feeler...I'm not quite sure if I remember the rest." La la la lalalala. Then: "Why do you want to know?" which probably came off as aggressive and accusatory.
    haha. No, I'm sure you sounded very nice. Besides, you said the main best thing you could say, which was that you are a feeler.

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I always have a new idea.
    I didn't LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    So yeah, I'm starting to understand what you're saying now that I'm seeing MBTI pop up. It's suitable to help you communicate and understand other people better because evidently with all these opportunities to bridge gaps and plug holes to miscommunication more and more misunderstandings are occuring. But then again, it's a cheat sheet to other people and not really helpful aside from basic superficialities.

Also, I was asked at a recent job interview if I knew my MBTI type. I didn't like it. I felt like I was going to get judged based on my answer.
    Yeah, but if Barry White Victor is right, then it's the MBTI to blame, not the retards who gloss it.

Guns don't MBTI people, people MBTI people.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr