User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I can respect and admire anyone who adheres to their religious beliefs, no matter how they differ from my own. But I'm much more comfortable with
    " walking your talk" - I hope that people will understand what I'm all about by the way I live my life day to day. And I think it turns people off when you force a situation on them, such as declaring time to pray when others might not feel comfortable with it. It's enough to pray yourself - God hears your voice just as clearly when it's just you.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    He didn't need to pray for his 38.5" vertical leap. (tying the record for a QB)

Homey's got some ups.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

For the record, the veracity of this story is highly suspect according to what I read today. If it's true, then I think he should have kept it to himself. But I'm tired of people using this guy's religion to pile on him. I'd rather cheer for him than one of the multitude of felons in the NFL. But nobody really raises an eyebrow at that, because murder is a more forgivable crime than being openly religious.

P.S. - I hate the Gators and am not a fan of Tebow.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

What's with the nutsack spandex?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    What's with the nutsack spandex?
    People don't wear normal athletic wear like we did in the good ole' days. Now it's all underarmor and hippity hop music.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    What I don't like is the attitude that, I HAVE A MANDATE FROM GOD AND AM DOING THE RIGHT THING AND THEREFORE I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT NO MATTER HOW SOCIALLY INAPPROPRIATE IT IS AND ALSO, OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TO HUMOR ME AND/OR DEFER TO ME BECAUSE GOD IS SANCTIONING MY BEHAVIOR. DID YOU HEAR THE PART WHERE I SAID GOD?!?!
    This. Completely, this. I've never warmed to Tebow, largely because of this. I feel almost bad, because by pretty much any definition he's an exemplary guy, and I know that the environment in which he grew up this sort of thing is not only normal, but praised. He's probably not had much chance to learn just where most people put those boundaries. But to me, it's rude to try to coerce others into those sorts of observances, when you know that they may or may not share your beliefs. Not *as* rude as the profanity, mocking, and laughter, but inconsiderate nonetheless.

Having said that, the other guys were pretty clearly in the wrong. Don't get me wrong -- I can understand the sentiment of the other guys not wanting to humor him, but that sort of thing just adds fuel to the fire, I think. Although there's not really any polite way to refute someone who makes a point of wanting to involve public prayer in such circumstances, a "Nah, let's just get started" would probably go over much better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Christians are usually tone deaf about social situations. Always wearing too much celestial perfume in a small space and asking you to breathe deep. That's the problem. If there is a God, He probably wants us to chill out and get off His nuts.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    For the record, the veracity of this story is highly suspect according to what I read today. If it's true, then I think he should have kept it to himself. But I'm tired of people using this guy's religion to pile on him. I'd rather cheer for him than one of the multitude of felons in the NFL. But nobody really raises an eyebrow at that, because murder is a more forgivable crime than being openly religious.

P.S. - I hate the Gators and am not a fan of Tebow.
    The slant of the article is a little disappointing, yes. Any other persecution he's received, I condemn, because I have plenty of respect for religious folk who have represented their faith in a non-intrusive manner; where it's personal and meaningful to the individual but they don't have to shove it in people's faces. I think everyone should be given that respect. What happened in the story of this article, however; I think it may be what he needed. Like some tough love, minus the love. He's probably grown accustomed to playing for a team and being with a group of guys where this kind of open, religious expression is acceptable and commonplace. You'll often find though that at other places, people are uncomfortable with it and it's a put off. It's inconsiderate for him to assume that everyone else shares the same beliefs or should at least cooperate in participating with him exercising his beliefs.

MBTI
    INTJ

And they say white man can't jump.

He's the QB everyone loves to hate.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

OH NOOOOOES NOT PREYERRRRS THEMS KRISTY-ANS IS GONNA KILL US ALLLLLLLLLL
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon