User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is it ever justified to smack somebody?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    37 78.72%
  • No

    10 21.28%
First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 101

  1. #51
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    are you simply being subjective here!?
    Yah duh, this is a forum to share peoples opinions. It's all about being subjective.

    If you want to look at this particular thread objectively, your response would be "Yes" because nothing is more objective than an eye for an eye. However (get this) I subjectively disagree with that notion.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  2. #52
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Does anyone "deserve" to be hit?
    Yes.

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Yah duh, this is a forum to share peoples opinions. It's all about being subjective.

    If you want to look at this particular thread objectively, your response would be "Yes" because nothing is more objective than an eye for an eye. However (get this) I subjectively disagree with that notion.
    You mean if you trip me and I push you off a cliff I am not being very objective?

    This is as objective as I get. You hit me I hit you harder so you dont want to hit me again. You could go for the whole endurance things and just keep hitting at the same strength and do an eye for an eye to see who holds out longer, but seems like a waste.
    Im out, its been fun

  4. #54
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Yah duh, this is a forum to share peoples opinions. It's all about being subjective.

    If you want to look at this particular thread objectively, your response would be "Yes" because nothing is more objective than an eye for an eye. However (get this) I subjectively disagree with that notion.
    Let me try to understand and excuse my being slow. You believe that sometimes fighting ends up as the best solution and yet you believe that it's still not justified in that situation? Your justice is then mere imagination?

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Let me try to understand and excuse my being slow. You believe that sometimes fighting ends up as the best solution and yet you believe that it's still not justified in that situation? Your justice is then mere imagination?
    Sometimes its not your choice. It takes 2 to tango and sometimes one person doesnt back down. So yes its not justified but may be the best solution. Its like group solution vs personal solution.

    In this case my goal would be to disable not to beat someone up. The difference is its their choice when to stop.
    Im out, its been fun

  6. #56
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Sometimes its not your choice. It takes 2 to tango and sometimes one person doesnt back down. So yes its not justified but may be the best solution.
    Interesting. Though, to me, Best Solution = Justification. Could you care to elaborate? I still don't get it.


    Its like group solution vs personal solution.
    In what way?

  7. #57
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Define hit.

    Also as a means to what exactly?

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Interesting. Though, to me, Best Solution = Justification. Could you care to elaborate? I still don't get it.
    Justification is my personal opinion, my personal opinion does not take precedence unless only I am being affected. Best solution is what everyone will settle on. If I think hitting is justified it still doesnt mean its the best solution.
    Im out, its been fun

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Define hit.
    Im out, its been fun

  10. #60
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Justification is my personal opinion, my personal opinion does not take precedence unless only I am being affected. Best solution is what everyone will settle on. If I think hitting is justified it still doesnt mean its the best solution.
    Shouldn't Personal Justification require everyone's inclusion and thus require best solution? Doesn't justice deal with fairness and equal distribution?

    Shouldn't justice require rational choice then?

Similar Threads

  1. Does the South actually want to be a part of the United States?
    By gromit in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-15-2015, 02:41 PM
  2. Quotes to Motivate You to *Get To Work*
    By Usehername in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-21-2014, 12:36 PM
  3. Does this sound too good to be true?
    By Savage Idealist in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 05:30 PM
  4. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 12:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO