User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: strange dreams

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default strange dreams

i have very strange dreams sometimes. it usually happens, if i've been thinking a lot recently, or going through something emotionally tiring in my life. i've talked about these dreams to people sometimes, but i've yet to encounter a person who shares this with me.

i'm talking about very strange dreams, which usually have many metaphorical and surreal things happening in them. dreams like that are also usually very vivid. i can remember the colors, which usually have some "meaning" and the mood very well after waking up.

they leave me confused, because i have no idea why, or how my brain comes up with these things.

for example, i remember this dream about wolves i had a while back. i was in the forest with some friends of mine and we were surrounded by black wolves. those wolves were intimidating and we fled to a cottage. then the door opened and two wolves came in, but those wolves were brown and blue and as they entered the cottage they brought a calm atmosphere with them.

is there anyone here who sees weird dreams, or knows something about/ is interested in dreams?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Yeah My dreams talk to me.. in metaphorical terms.. things repeat and things are surreal.. things are vivid and I wake up thinking I need to understand what my subconscious is telling me..
    Also my dreams can be a little precognitive.. especially under duress and when my emotional life is in turmoil ..
    I dream of numbers a lot.. bridges, water ways and transportation.
    I dream of dead people I haven't seen in years.. and of ex partners ..
    My ex wife seems to have some sort of connection to my precognitive dreams.. when I dream of her and she tells me something.. something similar usually happens IRL ..
    I can't pretend to make sense of it all.. and online dream interpretation guides are for the most part useless ..
    I just try my best to interpret the message ..
    some times the feeling I get from my dreams can last for days

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

water in its different forms is also present very often in my dreams. i also often dream of different kinds of houses, transportation... and nature/ light/ the surroundings play a big part as well. when i'm under stress, i usually have a bridge i have to cross/ something i have to go through in my dreams. sometimes i dream about animals, as that wolf dream.

also, i have had certain items (in an important role) in my dreams that have no connection to my present reality, really. mirrors, make-up, shoes, scarfs, dresses...

i only remember having a real precognitive dream once... but i also have had certain themes repeatedly in my dreams.

i don't think its appropriate to label dreams "weird" unless they are really boring, like imagine someone falls asleep and finds him sitting in school working on a multiple choice test for eight hours and then he wakes up, that would be weird *g*

well, i cant help with the interpretation.

its nice if it is possible to interpret dreams but i do not buy that someone, who knows it all, is playing hide and seek with us, giving us encrypted information to chew on. rather i think, that we just lack identification with a subtle or causal layer of intelligence, which creates those dreams, which is practically thinking up those dreams, you know where the meanings of symbols are obvious, like the meaning of words is rather obvious to the layer of mind that uses language. and the point is, that dreaming is not unlike thinking in how it is about trial and error, about exploring possibilities, seeking solutions, trying to make sense, to create closed circuits (images), so a dream wants to become an image that integrates all the little images, but it may fail. the purpose of the dream is to succeed. to create understanding, which is order. the dream does not necessarily have all those objective answers (yet), that we may try to find when when we interpret the dream. interpreting a dream is more like trying to remember, what you had in mind the day before, when you did something. i think so, because sometimes i tap into this layer of mind, that is above symbols and that is choosing them, playing with them. i am not experienced with it.

well, there are many types of dreams, many altered states of consciousness that happen during night, and nothing specific can be said, that is true for all of them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I had a (strange) dream last night...

It was about Werner Herzog remaking The Night of The Hunter. I don't remember the specific details, I just remember Herzog saying (In that Bavarian accent) "Don't worry, we'll take the children out of the oven before it gets too hot" - Cut to a shot of Kids in an oven. He also amputated my dog's paw - I don't remember why, but I'm sure he had a pretty good reason.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post

is there anyone here who sees weird dreams, or knows something about/ is interested in dreams?
    Yes, I get all sorts of dreams. I'm very interested in them. From what I've read, and I personally agree, also from my experience of my own dreams, there are basically three different types of dreams.

Some are psychological, and to do with your personal processing of your thoughts, feelings, etc., things to do specifically with your psychology and how you experience it.

Some are false dreams, they are not to do with you and they are not true. They could be distressing or harmful.

Some dreams are true dreams, where what is seen is true. They can be useful. Like dreams where it then happens in waking life later, etc.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i also have had objects in my dreams that don't really exist, like flying cars. sometimes i dream of plants/ rocks/ jewels and i feel like they have an important role in the dream. i also dream of written words that are important somehow... like once i dreamed that this man wrote two notes for me, on one it said "is success more important than friendship?"... and on the other one he wrote his name, my name and "mercy". i can also feel the texture of fabrics, or the rain and temperature in some of my dreams and i remember it afterwards.

i've also had those dreams where i know i am dreaming and can control what i do in the dream. i rarely dream of deceased people, but many times i dream of people from my past i never think about while awake and i get this feeling that they represent something in the dream.

i have these complicated scenes in my dreams in which i'm connected somehow. sometimes the people change, or my point of view changes.

also, sometimes i have dreamed of solutions/ new approaches to problems i have thought about while awake... and sometimes i have dreamed of a problem i haven't realized there was, but when i wake up i go and check and realize it was there... ?

haha, just stumbled upon a poem about a dream of mine, from the year 2000

---
    ##the long march

in the night the demons come
    not for the last time
    and take you to their world
    before you regret you crossed the line
    the nasty place of untrue freedom
    the worst of traps, you still try to enjoy
    but when you are there
    they already took your soul

they won't harm you
    they just leave you alone
    'cause the nature of their world
    get's the rest done
    ---
    can't ... well... can ... faintly ... remember that dream

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I have some really strange dreams too! I live for them. It's like having an IMAX experience in my sleep.

What's even more strange is how common people share similar dreams. I usually like to Google up my dreams to read the interpretations. Reminds me of Joseph Campbell and his cross-cultural studies of the human mind in relation to archetypes..

Probably the weirdest dream I had had something to do with a yellow python, being sucked up into an underground whirlpool with no escape, and floating across a neighborhood oasis underneath a giant oak tree with a giant Buddha statue laying below. It was so rich, green, exotic and beautiful.

I dislike deceptive dreams where I'm winning the lottary, it feels so real that I'm totally diggin it, and then I wake up to realize that my brokeass just needs extra cash.

Oh, and dreams that actually happen IRL, prior to it happening? It's kinda eery, in a cool way..

I very much am interested in dreams and also consider dream interpretation important too, I think Jung is better than Freud on dreams too and they are the royal road to the unconscious.