• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

strange dreams

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i have a recurring dream i always forget about until i have it again. actually, as far as i know, it is a two or three part dream, and i have had it at least twice before.

last night i had the first dream again. in it, I work as a cashier in some upscale gift shop in a multi-story skyscraper-type building downtown. i fall asleep during my lunch break and awake in the same building, except that everything is overgrown with flora and there are no longer any signs of shops or businesses at all. i am locked in. there is some kind of army trying to take hold of this building, for whatever reason, and they are led by a sinister female ExxJ type with a maniacal cackle. I get the sense that perhaps this is another dimension or timeline in the dream, since i notice that clocks appear backwards for some reason, and with the building being the same structurally on the outside but without the same inside, it seems possible. anyway, i overhear the (assumed) leader lady and her minions and hide. i stumble on another lost person and he asks me what the hell is going on, etc... we try to escape but suddenly as we are entering a corridor he disappears and i wake up. I spend the rest of the dream in a 'waking' state filled with deja vu experiences that remind me of the strange dream, and i meet the guy i met in the dream in real life - we meet at a corner coffee shop, but he tells me he works in an office a few floors above my shop in the same building. i tell him i'd like to chat with him some other time, and he agrees. i don't tell him my suspicions that there is something messed up going on. but it turns out that he had the dream too, only he didnt remember my face clearly enough to place it... and that's all i remember of that.

the other dreams continue the story, but i don't know how it ends. all i know is i have a cheesy sci-fi miniseries in my subconscious.

Parrish

MBTI Type
infp
I had one a few weeks back. Absolutely wonderful. The sky and the ground was opening up, big trees falling and chaos and action all around. I, was buying Snickers to store up. :shock:

I saw the Earth being shot at, full of craters. But the view was so beautiful, one minute I was in a village/city, the next when I opened a wooden wall there was direct view into space. No air in between, just the surface of that planet directly touching the sky. And I brought the apocalypse to that other planet with lowering that wall:doh:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My dreams can be so varied in style depending on my mood and my thoughts throughout the day.

I have had dreams where i have incorporated my bedroom into it .. Actually many dreams of that style and i am awake but i can't stop reacting to it.

Other dreams where my subconscious is processing my feelings and letting go of past relationships.

And then just weird dreams i think where either i am being warned of something or it's just random/crazy.

My horrid dream this morning was about my partner leaving me to return home, i gave him ample money to get set up and he left me high and dry for his ex, i even saw them together at one point even though we were oceans apart. Strange.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yvonne, would you mind telling me of one of the dreams you had that involved water and a bridge (if you can remember). I'm learning how to interpret dreams and would be interested in hearing a specific dream where you had said contain some form of water, and sometimes a bridge? Anyway, I'd love to hear it and help figure it out.

Or heck, go into detail about any dream. I can't help but get this sense that maybe there's a message for you in them, just from your wolf example.

MBTI Type
ENTP
to be honest, i've never (never ever) understood why it was worth telling a "weird" dream. they're all weird. what's a normal dream like?

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
sure :)

ok, there's one i remember. i was on a plane. it crashed and people were crossing this bridge to escape it before it sunk in the ocean... i don't know... there's something i don't remember very well, though, because i seem to recall that there was a ship involved... but anyway.

i was the last one left and i didn't want to cross the bridge. i looked into the water (it was stormy) and i thought, i'd rather jump in there and swim to the other side (there was shore)... i remember i did it, but i somehow couldn't reach the shore, but had to swim back to the plane/ ship. then this man came, he was actually my childhood friend's dad, who's a doctor. he told me to follow him to cross the bridge. we did it eventually (there's some shady stuff here, because i remember that it wasn't really the bridge anymore... anyway, it was a very shaky "bridge"... whatever it was)... we had to jump, because there wasn't much time.

the dream continued on the island after i had crossed the bridge.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to have hellish nightmares and wake up screaming/crying. I used to dream about going slowly insane and being trapped in my mind unable to communicate with anyone else and hullicinating. I also used to have awful nightmares about people i love being murdered, often butchered, infront of me. I was pretty unstable at the time.
All gone now, these days i dream of fluffy bunnies bouncing through buttercups and butterflys fluttering by.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
I was in a supermarket (from my childhood, the shop is actually closed now) with my friends (they were like imagination friends, not the ones from RL) in a very rainy night and there were quite many people. Then one crazy, aggressive guy came in and started to shoot to everyone. I was totally panicked but yet acted confidently. One of my friends got injured, but not deadly. She could even walk. There was smth that the crazy guy wanted to all our money, made us eat the ice creams in the shop and was yelling some political texts. Then somehow I realized that we were out and I had a keys of my mother's boyfriend's very expensive BMW and i had to drive my friends home. Since I don't know how to drive it was very frightening. Then somewhere on the way we lost the car and we were sitting in the bus stop, it was very dark outside and I was stressing how I'm gonna tell my mom that I lost the car if i don't find it tonight. I'm always having very stressful dreams especially with the theme of not managing to do smth. I hate that.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
to be honest, i've never (never ever) understood why it was worth telling a "weird" dream. they're all weird. what's a normal dream like?

for fun? even if they don't really mean anything, at least they sometimes reflect reality in some way. (usually the feelings you have before you go to bed that you haven't really resolved awake...)

anyway... a "normal" dream? well... my boyfriend for example can't remember his dreams... and if he does, they're usually about a football game he watched before going to bed.