User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: strange dreams

MBTI
    infp

Dreams are terribly fascinating. This morning I remember dreaming of something that made me feel uneasy(but I don`t know what it was), but then I heard my dad talking on the phone in the next room and he was being really loud, so I got aware I was dreaming and calmed down. After that I dreamed of ships carying cargo across the sea (since that was what he was talking about the whole time I was asleep until I woke up half an hour alter). I pretty much heard the whole conversation, but I was still asleep.

dream interpretation can be quite spot on most of the time (if you don`t read about Freud and his obssession with the falic simbol which can be found in almost anything). The weirdest bad dream I ever had was probably the one I dreamt as a kid. I was in a very strict looking school, it was early evening and was empty. In there I got chased around by the devil. I remember he was red, had a trident and horns, but the face couldn`t be clearly seen. I escaped in the end. I still think it`s weird I dreamt of that, because I was never religious.

I frequently dream about animals. Oh and I`ve also had a couple wolf dreams (but they only started about a year ago). However, they were never threatening.
    .:"Claude os, aperi oculos.":.

"You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless, you have to hope even harder and cover your ears and go 'lalalalalalala'"- Fry (Futurama)

MBTI
    INKP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I've been known to have weird dreams; not sure if I should say "often", since they usually pop up when I get a decent nights sleep, which is never. My subconscious is even crazier than I am (I suspect it's sentient, actually), so I can usually rip them off for story material if I remember enough.
    Strangely, some of the environments are recurring: there's this large, building area, for instance, that looked like a present-day grocery store during an older dream, but that was decorated futuristically during a more present one, and when I say "decorated", I mean full deal. It was as if the room literally existed somewhere in my mind, but my subconscious had reused it the way movie producers reuse that abandoned industrial plant in wherever to shoot factory scenes. There are, in fact, several places in my mind that have had this happen.
    "Quiiri ath metahn i'ashei?"
    Chronically Gephyrophobic

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i usually don't remember that much of my dreams, sometimes not at all, but some of these strange dreams i can remember quite well.

and some of them could make for great movies, or music videos

like one time i dreamed of these mechanical birds. i could sort of see that as a surreal music video for a hard rock band, lol.

MBTI
    INKP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Ah, those mechanical birds...huh, they sound familiar for some reason. Probably my subconscious messing with...actually, you know what? This.
    Maybe turn down the volume a bit. It starts out kind of suddenly.
    "Quiiri ath metahn i'ashei?"
    Chronically Gephyrophobic

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

those birds kind of made that kind of clicking noise

they looked a bit like flamingoes, with tall legs, but they had round heads and fire was coming out of their mouths. :P (they were pretty scary, it was a nightmare)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    /.../ is there anyone here who sees weird dreams /.../?
    Yeah, everyone does.

I had a dream the other night where I was cradling a grown man in my lap. He had long and tired limbs and was curled up like a child, sobbing with such a deep and terrible anguish of soul. The vulnerability I felt in him was nearly overwhelming.

Dreams seem to be one of the ways we process the information from the day (I think of when you run a defrag on computer) and also one of the ways our subconscious can communicate with our consciousness. I love when I can recall those vivid and powerful dreams because it gives me sort of a heads up on things I might be neglecting or unacknowledged feelings or that kind of thing.

MBTI
    infp

I had an apocalyptic dream today.
    .:"Claude os, aperi oculos.":.

"You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless, you have to hope even harder and cover your ears and go 'lalalalalalala'"- Fry (Futurama)

plenty of eyecandy from the realm of architecture, today. note to self: make photos, next time.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
    I had an apocalyptic dream today.
    I had one a few weeks back. Absolutely wonderful. The sky and the ground was opening up, big trees falling and chaos and action all around. I, was buying Snickers to store up.