User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

heh, just realized what thread this is in.

Just imagine I was being less argumentative here. WWJD and all that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I thought you said you werent going to go off in this thread?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I thought you said you werent going to go off in this thread?
    Yeah yeah.... I just said I didn't notice what thread this was.

Well, it's a good thing none of you Christians can judge me for this. Judge not lest ye be judged.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm willing to be judged on how I post in threads. I sure judge you.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I'm willing to be judged on how I post in threads. I sure judge you.
    Turn the other cheek?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Well, don't say wrong things that you know aren't true.

Like "we Christians are now governed by the New Convenant, not the Old Convenant".

Just be consistent. Other than consistently wrong.
    ... Do you even have the smallest hint of an inkling of a modicum of a fathom of an idea as to what you're talking about? Or are you just trying to pick a fight?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    ... Do you even have the smallest hint of an inkling of a modicum of a fathom of an idea as to what you're talking about? Or are you just trying to pick a fight?
    Well, he was wrong, not all Christians are governed just by the New Covenant.

And he knew it wasn't true.

Just lookin' for a fight, eh?

edit: who are you? btw.

Sniffles

Fundamentalists? Evangelicals and Protestants?
    At best, those are the only forms of Christianity you have any knowledge of. As for more established forms of Christianity like Catholicism much less Orthodoxy or even mainline Protestantism, forget it. :rolli:

And what about when Jesus said these things about the OT's authority:

5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them

18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven

20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

- New International Version
    Yes Christ came to fufill the Old Convenant, and upon his sacrifice it was fufilled and then on the new convenant took effect, as he himself stated:

And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you."
    Luke 22:19-20

Fail!

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    That answer to that is quite clear. It's amazing how many times in the past I've had to pwn his ass on religious discussions. Most prominently in this thread where I cited source after source backing up my claims and all he could respond with his usual tactic of one-liners trying to dismiss it all as mere "apologetics". I also remember his desperate attempt to prove that the Rapture is a major element of Christian thinking, despite the fact I pointed out that only Dispensationalists believe in it and is not found in anyother Christian sect, and that before the 19th century no theologian ever talked of such a thing. He also likes to twist around the teachings of various Christian sects and try to pigeonhole them into the fundamentalist mold where it doesn't actually fit. I sincerely doubt he's even aware that fundamentalism is a late-comer to Christianity, originating largely in the 18th-19th centuries.

I have yet to see him make any real attempts at serious discussions on these kinds of issues, and this incident is no exception. Which is why overall his "arguments" are largely negligible in my view.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    At best, those are the only forms of Christianity you have any knowledge of. As for more established forms of Christianity like Catholicism much less Orthodoxy, forget it. :rolli:
    Catholicism is cool. I was one for a while.

But OT fundamentalism is far from dead, within Christianity. So it still applies to millions of Christians. And even Catholics read the OT and apply it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yes Christ came to fufill the Old Convenant, and upon his sacrifice it was fufilled and then on the new convenant took effect, as he himself stated:

And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you."
    Luke 22:19-20

Fail!
    “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you."

Oh wow, that's not ambiguous. This is your proof the OT is moot?

Maybe I'll start an authority of the OT thread sometime, but I won't argue it in this thread more.

I'm gonna WWJD it.

Sniffles

Catholicism is cool. I was one for a while.
    Somehow I not surprised.
    But OT fundamentalism is far from dead, within Christianity.
    Like I said, every religious discussion is about fundamentalism with you. :rolli: You do realise there are other forms of religious expression, and that fundementalism is not even the most prominent form? You knew that right?

“This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you."

Oh wow, that's not ambiguous. This is your proof the OT is moot?
    It's the best I'm willing to do for now, as I'm not going to waste too much time with you.