User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on it?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good thing

13 15.29%
  • Bad thing

22 25.88%
  • Unsure

2 2.35%
  • Neither good nor bad

48 56.47%
First 8910

Thread: Teenage Sex

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    -

Default It's not bad per se

It's really like any question involving an entire demographic . . . . . the answer will vary based on the several thousands of individual personalities, communities, lifestyles, personal circumstances of teenagers engaging in sexual activity.

I voted neither good nor bad - simply because there is no immediate physical or emotional danger of engaging in sex unless the person hasn't thought the facts or implications through i.e does this person care about my welfare? are we using safe sex practices? am I confident enough to go ahead with it?

If unsure, don't have sex.
    ENTJ

Te > Ni > Ti > Se = Si > Fe > Ne > Fi

MBTI
    SEXY

What's this obsession with 'good' and 'bad'. Why can't things 'just be'.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Because when you are dealing with other people, the terms 'good and bad' come into play.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I couldn't put this anywhere else, unfortunately. I figure your morals and the like can go under a philosophy section.

Anyways, I wanted to know your opinions, fellow Type C members. I know my mother's, but what do you guys think? Good, bad, both, neither? I am not posting this for a lecture on pregnancy, so don't even think about it.

I just want some facts, and to compare beliefs. I have read that Western Europeans tend to think of it in a better light than many Americans do. Something that is just a natural part of life...even for a teenager.
    Depends on the teenager, without a doubt. When I was 16 I absolutely would not have been mentally ready for it (and what few sexual experiences I did have were more damaging than anything). But I know people who don't regret having sex younger. There are teenagers who leap into it before they're ready (or before they're able to do it responsibly), and those are the cases where teenage sex is "bad".

For me, it took until pretty recently for all the elements to align (and I'm 19).

Sex, I think, can be a part of self discovery if you're ready for it. It's definitely not something that should be thought of as off-limits to young people.

Tbh I kind of like this article:
    Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist | Scarleteen

The whole site is very sex positive and a pretty good resource.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Interesting. I scanned through it. Logical presentation. I like that.

(haha, your sig makes me laugh with its presence in this thread)

Well, thank you for this Yet another opinion to look at
    It really seems to fit with a lot of people's opinions...and that really surprises me, I guess.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't really recall when I "got ready." I read over the emotional checklist and I think I felt that way when I was around 16 or 17, just in general. Like, I'd be ready to be ready for those things (except for the pregnancy part, I won't be ready for that for a long time... I don't really know what I'd do if I got someone pregnant. Pay for part of the abortion maybe?).

It was an interesting read and definitely highlighted some things for me.

I think that the physical checklist varies. I think that being comfortable with physical contact depends on who you're with and how you feel at the moment, it's not something that just *happens* in your mind suddenly. At least that's how it works with me. The things on that list would ease themselves in over time I'd say, like being comfortable with expressing pleasure in front of your partner, being able to be aroused, and being able to relax.

Edited out some of the info that I consider too private to put public... but if you want a private conversation about it then feel free.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)