User Tag List

First 123

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I am a big believer in making my dreams come to life.

If I wish for something, that means that I am initiating a series of thoughts and activities which I will execute until my wish is realized.

Because of that, I am aware that my want for something will result in work on my part in attaining it.

Then I think about the work, and determine if the wish being realized is worth the effort. If it is, I do what i need to make it happen. If it isn't, I let it be at that, and move on.

There is a big difference between wishing for something and having the magic of the universe grant it to you without any work on your part, and recognizing a wish as an internally synthesized desire that compels you to do the work necessary in making it happen.

I can't think of any major event in my life that I busted my ass to make happen, and regretted it later.
    I agree with most of this..

I can't think of fulfilled wishes as anything that just came to me. I implemented what it took to get them, and so, in a way, can't really regret the outcome. If it turned out to be not what I wanted in the end, it's my fault for creating the situation. Half of the time though I catch the warning signs early, and discard it early enough to not cause too much harm.. Like, "Damn, what did I get myself into."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Seriously, seconds before opening the philosophy forum I was listening to these words on the radio "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it all." And thought to myself, yeah right, what's that got to do with wishing for it. That ain't worth pondering about.

And I spot this thread, instantly after that.

Freaky.
    Every time I see the title of this thread that dang song starts running through my head over and over.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'm blessed with a weak auditory memory.

Only simple kiddy tunes get stuck in my head... ..Oh dang it, that's not better is it?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFJ

I don't wish for anything .. Although i am grateful for the opportunities that come my way. Saying that, i get bored easily so look at other options/avenues for different experiences.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTP

Oddly enough, it's happened.

MBTI
    NICE

Who am I today and who am I tomorrow? At the heart of yearning is a inability to facilitate transformation from within - nor to deal with external transformation. The poor man knows how it feels to be poor and wishes to be rich; moreover, he has not the skills to anticipate how he will deal with dramatic change.

The rich man often knows how it feels to be poor. His skill is not that he makes money; his skill is that he makes his own luck. Ironic, then, that he might yearn for his days of poverty back in a rough neighbourhood, or slumming it as a student or bumming lifts around the country. But he can no more have that than a nuclear bomb can be uninvented.

So when a fellow wishes, the wishing is a therapy and is divorced from the win. The win presents the woefully unprepared with an entirely new set of problems.

The lottery winner is a good example. Winning a large sum can seriously damage your health.

Let me google that for you

Happy easter bunnies.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

It has happened several times.
    I'm horribly careful about what I wish for.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I'm actually sure of what I wish for.