First 678910 Last

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't understand why either would annoy. I mean, it's not like Facebook makes you do something. It just sits there.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I get annoyed with it too. I certainly am not ashamed of my faith, but at the same time, most people wouldn't relate like that to each other in real life and certainly wouldn't speak like that about any other topic, so it seems kind of pious and fake to me. I know very well-intentioned people who do it though, but they are the same people who also send me forwards of cute kitties and puppies or internet stories they found inspiring. I suppose I don't want to be lumped into the same category, even though I feel that my faith is a part of my daily life.

I also despise Farmville and Farmtown.

However, my (Christian) cousin had this for a status update the other day. (He's 39, married to a paraplegic, and is a hairdresser with three kids, getting a little bit of old guy paunch)
    "Vance -------- has decided to become an exotic dancer. For bookings, call 1 800 MAN CANDY. Please don't be judgemental. I'm just beginning."

It made my day!

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

However, my (Christian) cousin had this for a status update the other day. (He's 39, married to a paraplegic, and is a hairdresser with three kids, getting a little bit of old guy paunch)
    "Vance -------- has decided to become an exotic dancer. For bookings, call 1 800 MAN CANDY. Please don't be judgemental. I'm just beginning."

It made my day!

I would totally do something like that with my facebook, but my mother and her family would have a cow. Plus, I don't know how anyone would handle the news of me becoming an exotic dancer...
    Last edited by ayoitsStepho; 03-15-2010 at 02:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Faith is a girl you take home only to discover extra parts where extra parts ought not be but you try it out and then you and Faith(Tom) fall in love and you take him/her to meet mom and then mom hates Faith(Tom) and he/she finally jumps off of a bridge and then the gods are all like, "you're right, you should've been born a girl"
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    istj

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    You should ask to get on their email forwards list. There are tons of "christian" emails that go around like that. I love when they aren't too bad and at the end it says "if you don't send this to 5 people you will have bad luck, if you don't send it to..." I always wonder if people actually read what they send out.

I also love the "you don't love God if you don't..."

Yeah, ok. Someone should start one about kids. "If you don't forward this one you don't love your kids" Would they feel comfortable forwarding THAT?

Can you tell I have some pent up feelings about this?

I have been thinking of writing a horrible yet unrelated to God email and then at the end write 'if you dont send this then you hate God'.
    If Men's Health magazine was true, you would never need to buy more than one issue.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Serious business I know. I've got a fair share of "friends" on facebook that I knew growing up in church (friends of my parents, siblings etc.) who post a frequent and endless amount of these fluffy and giddy statuses pertaining to God, the bible, their faith etc.

Is it bad that seeing this ALL THE TIME is tempting me to remove certain people from my friend's list? It's not like I keep in touch with most of the people that do this (well aside from my immediate family...). I wouldn't want to be rude though as a lot of them are dear friends of my family and what not.

It's not that big of a deal but it really does annoy the snot out of me.
    Why does this annoy you?
    "Your voice is like chocolate...dreamy."
    --WildHorses

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

i currently have two fundie conservatives blocked and the others i kicked to the curb.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I don't understand why either would annoy. I mean, it's not like Facebook makes you do something. It just sits there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warm View Post
    Why does this annoy you?
    Mostly because the only feeling I have towards the God (real or imaginary is besides the point) that they're obsessed about, I have nothing but bitterness towards. I can't understand these people and why they're so fluffy with it. Do they take one step outside their safe world and look around? Probably not.

You're right Jeff, "it just sits there". It's a minor annoyance, that's all. I'm not gonna slit my wrists over it... Not tonight.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    You're right Jeff, "it just sits there". It's a minor annoyance, that's all. I'm not gonna slit my wrists over it... Not tonight.
    Well that's good to know!

Why do you have bitterness towards God?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Well that's good to know!

Why do you have bitterness towards God?

If God is real, I'm bitter towards him because he couldn't be more distant, aloof and seemingly indifferent, if not sadistic and cruel.

If God is fake, I hate the great deception that has fucked our world inside and out.