User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

OH MY GOD I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!!

Sorry, but this really makes me furious. Ok so I grew up in a Christian church. Modern Christian with youth conferences and whatnot. Anyways, I'm probably friends with like 50 Christians on facebook. And their statuses make me so angry. I want to quote some here because sometimes they're really really funny to laugh at. But on the real, multiple times a day I want to delete them all from my friends list..... but then I'd be bored.

MBTI
    ISTx

I just got an "I'm not ashamed" group invite.

Well I'm not ashamed to NOT be Christian... I'm assuming this isn't the proper group for that though. So annoying.

I'm curious to see some examples of what people consider to be uppity religious statuses.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Farmville makes me cry..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Religious status updates annoy me just as well as Farmville and Mafiawars, but I have had some interesting conversations about religion as a result of a few of them. What I'm really getting tired of is the paranoid 2012 talk every time CNN reports another natural disaster.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

All right I'll post some recent ones I saw.

"The difference between effort and devotion is a revelation of grace in the work."

"I was taught grace was either "initial" (at Salvation) or "greasy". Now Im learning it is daily. Grace=more than I ever thought it was."

" ...that you may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God."

"... and there will be famines, pestilences, and EARTHQUAKES in various places.... (Matt. 24:7).... another earthquake devistated Turkey yesterday and their still dealing with intence aftershocks today... i dare you to look in the miror and askyouself... are you ready for the return of Jesus or are you still playing with sin... give it up give your life to Jesus before you're out of time"

"OH MY GOODNESS!!!! O WOW O WOW O WOW!!!! GOD IS SO TOTALLY INDESCRIBABLY AWESOME here comes the most amazing wave of revival I have ever seen in my entire life! It's breakthrough. I am overwhelmed by the awesome power of God! I am so awestruck I am shaking PRAISE GOD!"

" "Only God can move mountains, but faith and prayer move God." --E.M. Bounds"

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

I don't like to be bombarded with anything that sounds like preaching whether it be from a religious stand point or one of personal values. One of my closest friends goes to church every weekend and I have total respect for her faith, but she would never "preach" to anyone.

I'd delete them. I delete people all the time. But then again for the most part, I only care about the opinions (of me) of people I care about. If they think I am a rude heathan, I'm OK with that, but I realize everyone's situation is different. As a side note, if they have 100000000 friends, they probably won't even notice you are gone.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Thankfully I don't know anyone who are at that level of religious obnoxiousness.
    But yeah that would definitely annoy me--much like Farmville already is, lol.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

it has the same effect to me when someone posts something like, "religion is a conspiracy created to keep society in check and cover up our inexplicable existence." or "The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth" (these are real examples from my facebook feed.)

it makes me wonder what the person is hoping to accomplish - to start a heated debate, to change others' minds, or just to make themselves appear a certain way?

i don't care if a person is an atheist, a religious fundamentalist, a neopagan, a generically 'spiritual' person, a cult leader, or an indifferent agnostic. i see these kind of choices as personal. sure wouldn't be my business to impose my subjective views on them. but that's why i wonder if and why they may be doing so to me. and in such an impersonal format. IMO this kind of stuff belongs to in person conversations, not blase internet chats.

also, "christians" posting about only positive stuff? lol