User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNoLimits View Post
    Why do people questions others but not themselves?
    It's easier.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

First I just have to say that the topic title is hilarious.

But to make this a more constructive post I'll go into the topic substance as well overlooking the title itself.

In my experience people that don't question themselves don't do so out of fear. Looking critically at yourself is one of the toughest things to do, and you'll risk falling into all kinds of depressions and pits. So people prefer trusting their instincts instead and just bonjour through life as is. Evading questioning themselves. It makes life in their eyes much easier.

However, I've dealt with life much differently myself, I've always been the first to question myself, and far far deeper and more critically than anyone in my surroundings ever have. I think that's more to do with being an introverted thinker though and it's kind of a prerequisite for the job.

Anyhow, I have had times when I tried to avoid questioning myselfs in order to shield myself from potential harm, but in all cases that just sort of, very annoyingly, always backfires onto myself. Because it's done with a certain level of consciousness that just doesn't really work. I pretty much have to question myself, it's like an obsession.

That said, although I agree that the general idea of being able to question yourself would in theory make the world a better place. I also know that in practicality, this would not be the case.

The method of how each of us lives our lives (weird, did I mess up spelling?) is subjective and limited to perspective. And I can think of a ton of examples where perspective could very badly influence critical self analyses. To the point it is probably better people in general don't question themselves.

However, with proper guidance and leadership, critical self analyses could be a very positive thing. But it's simply not a "do or don't" thing. There are so many aspects to the issue that should be considered before opening that door.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNoLimits View Post
    Why do people questions others but not themselves?
    we're an imperfect species.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

fluffywolf's post was very interesting and i do agree. i question myself constantly. self-searching can be a very positive thing, if you have a positive/ open outlook on life and can maintain a level of balance in functioning. also, you have to be patient with people who don't question themselves. for me that's usually the hardest part, because i know how to deal with myself. the less you care about your ego, the easier it is to question its motives and the more you know, the easier it is to accept certain realities, but also see possibilities in the framework of those realities.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

you used one of my favorite quotes to quote at bible thumpers there!

I think that most people are blind to their own faults usually because they see WHY they are doing what they are doing and find it more forgivable. Other people, however, we can't see their motives and generally tend to be more critical- if we knew thier motives we might be less critical

That, or we're lazy and don't care... that's another option
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I dont find the plank analogy that compelling.

Couldnt he have chosen something that sounds a little less ridiculous?
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I've asked myself that question for years..
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”