User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default What do you quest for in life?

I asked someone the other day what they wanted out of life.. and they told me "Happiness and peace." .. I thought this was really odd, since I don't look hard for either of those things. I need only look inside myself, and at my surroundings to be at peace and truly happy.

I quest for different things entirely.. So. What do you want out of life? How did you get to that conclusion? And, where are you at in your journey right now? Where do you want to be?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Phantonym

Talking to a good friend about a month ago made me realize that I have a passion for calm and everything that I do or have ever done has been in search of that. This does not, by any means, indicate that I completely lack ambition in life but I've always felt a deep need to march to the beat of my own drum and I channel my ambition towards finding that calm.

That was kind of an eye opener because up to this point I've always felt guilty of not wanting to be a part of and almost rebelling against the "rat race" as I see most of the world doing. Well, to each their own but to me it's always been a source of negative stress. And in a way it continues to be so but lately I've also felt some kind of a shift towards the positive.

However, it's either fortunate or unfortunate that I also think that the quest is never going to end. Well, eventually it will. But I see that as a part of the progress and something that can be used to create positivity rather than negativity. If that makes any sense at all.

Fish

What a good question!

I am questing for my true self. I first discovered my true self as a child. I was lucky. I had parents who loved and cared for me and educated me.

However as I moved into adolescence I moved into a hostile environment at boarding school, Chevalier College to be exact, which did the worst thing possible and made me doubt my true self.

So then I spent my early adulthood trying to find our what was wrong with me. But it turns out there isn't much wrong with me except that I am have a high response to stimulae.

Then I went to University and discovered University did not care a scrap for my true self.

Then I fell in love with Ruth and tragically discovered that not even Ruth was interested in my true self.

And on the way I discovered that neither bureaucracy, political parties, unions, churches nor even friends were interested in my true self.

So the only thing to do was to make myself independent.

So here I am, standing on my own two feet, prepared and ready to discover my true self.

So I cast back to my true self of childhood, and then I cast forward into the future to see what fish I might catch.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i like this question too. i'm a naturally happy and peaceful person too and don't feel the need to search for that. i just really want to follow my dreams professionally and explore love and life passionately...travel and make good memories with people i love while doing the work i love.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I think this is what I yearn for as well. Life itself. To challenge myself, see everything, experience everything.. touch, and feel, and get into people's heads..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

garbage

I quest for a high-quality sub sandwich, made completely underwater.

I also want one frozen rose on my desk.

I'm with the both of you (Lady X and kyuuei). I feel I'm a survivor and can find contentment. I'm think I'm already capable of finding enough inner happiness.. Not ultimate happiness, but enough. Externally though, I just want to find love, professional security, and thirdly, adventure. I'm not uber ambitious professionally, so I'd just say I'm looking for security - just enough to make that "adventure" thing more possible

I think I quest for an understanding of myself. An understanding of me and the dynamic I bring. The way things work. That has been a big part of my life and thinking.

I also quest for food and drink at all hours. Sometimes I go on a quest for drink at 2am... or a toasted sandwich.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^^ haha...my quest for life.. food n drink...i like it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]