• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Beauty, the Supernatural and MBTI

Mole

Permabanned
Both physics and biology show that we don't need more to explain more.

Fundamental laws and chance are sufficient.

But very powerful institutions use the supernatural against the vulnerable.

In the same way that very powerful institutions use MBTI against the vulnerable.

In seventy years there has not been one double blind test of MBTI, so it is reasonable to say that MBTI is completely superfluous to understanding personality.

In the same way that the supernatural is superfluous to understanding reality.

But what is most striking is how ugly the supernatural and MBTI are.

And what is worse is by following the supernatural and MBTI we become ugly ourselves.

We have found in physics and biology that following beauty is the best way to understand the world and ourselves.

KDude

I'd say it's pretty ugly to waste your time at a site that you don't even seem to care about. What is that all about? It's the equivalent of me..like.. going to some message board about "quilting", even though I give two shits about quilts.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More than 17,000 posts demonstrate your commitment to typologycentral.com.

Fixed.

PS. For the record, I bet only half those posts were even on the topic of MBTI anyway.
PPS. Thank you for your 4484-post commitment to typologycentral.com.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Psychometric categorisations to help better understand the thought process of other people that differentiate between our own = ugly?
If it is used to encourage stereotyping and retarded assumptions it still wouldn't make mbti ugly. It would make the person encouraging it ugly. MBTI is just a tool to help us understand other people.
The supernatural, however, is a different story. Please don't put the two in the same circle just because you think they have a same trait.

Jaguar

I'd say it's pretty ugly to waste your time at a site that you don't even seem to care about. What is that all about? It's the equivalent of me..like.. going to some message board about "quilting", even though I give two shits about quilts.

If you actually give two shits about quilting, that means you care.

Mole

Permabanned

Well, I don't care about the supernatural but every time I look at a dollar, I see, "In God We Trust".

So it seems very important to me to point out that physics, biology and mathematics have no need for God.

God and the supernatural are superfluous to requirements.

And MBTI is being pushed by the USA military and USA business onto the vulnerable without once in seventy years doing a double blind test.

So I think it is very important to point out the sheer ugliness of the supernatural and MBTI.

What is interesting is how much they have in common.

Mole

Permabanned
Fixed.

PS. For the record, I bet only half those posts were even on the topic of MBTI anyway.
PPS. Thank you for your 4484-post commitment to typologycentral.com.

C'mon I was invited here by Geoff and he told me this was a tolerant and well run site. And he was right. But he did not tell me anything about MBTI.

When I discovered the history of MBTI and how it is used today, I was horrified.

And I have been expressing my horror ever since in more than 4,000 posts.

But what is amazing is that while I have been telling the truth about MBTI, it has hardly made an impression.

It is plain that telling the truth about MBTI is like telling the truth about the supernatural.

Truth has made no impression on the MBTI evangelists. I wonder whether beauty will.

Qre:us

For I have known them all already, known them all...

Spit out the buttends of your days and ways. You grow old.

Get new material. Islamophobia and MBTI conspiracy are getting old. Tired regurgitation.

You're lacking imagination.

Would it have been worth it, afterall?

heart

heart on fire
But what is amazing is that while I have been telling the truth about MBTI, it has hardly made an impression...

Maybe that has more to do with the messenger's style than it does with the message?

You've mixed it with your Xenophobia too much.

KDude

If you actually give two shits about quilting, that means you care.

Doh.

Still though, I'm curious why this is all necessary for him. I think his opinion is just as valid as any other. Who knows, he may be right. But if I came to the same conclusion, surely I'd find a better way to spend my energy. Seems pretty stupid to talk about things one doesn't care about. Victor, do you need external validation or "converts" or something before you move on? Is simply having an opinion not good enough for you?