User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 87

  1. #41
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Supernatural don't exist?
    Just as evidence and reason given to us by the Enlightenment show that the supernatural doesn't exist, so evidence and reason show MBTI is a fraud.

  2. #42
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    To page 6!

  3. #43
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Just as evidence and reason given to us by the Enlightenment show that the supernatural doesn't exist, so evidence and reason show MBTI is a fraud.
    What evidence are you referring to?

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  4. #44
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Just as evidence and reason given to us by the Enlightenment show that the supernatural doesn't exist, so evidence and reason show MBTI is a fraud.
    I enjoy your integrity in this thread. I can feel it jolting through my bones more than your other threads.

    You say that there has been no double-blind study of MBTI conducted. However, many of us have incorporated our knowledge of MBTI with the beauty of human behavior. It has been analyzed from dusk til dawn. There is blatant evidence - small or large - regardless of your admonishment of its ethics.

    I understand your reasoning. MBTI teeters the parameters of faith, but you still have yet to clarify how MBTI is some sort of beast with two backs. Is my behavior ugly? Who's behavior is ugly?

  5. #45
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    C'mon groups bully individuals. But if the individual fights back, they are accused of being hostile. It's called Catch 22.
    Yes, that does happen. But it's not really what is going on here. You came here and posted aggressive comments against Americans, not just American corporations or American government but also about Americans in general. Americans responded in kind to you and you cried victim.

    This kind of behavior baffles me. I understand when people want to pick fights and enjoy them when they get them. I do not understand when people pick fights and then cry victim when they get them.

    Edit: What I am really getting at is if you want to be a teacher, you can't antagonize the people you want to teach and expect them to listen to you. Human nature doesn't work that way and a true teacher has to understand and work with human nature.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It takes only one person to tell the truth, but whole institutions to tell a lie.

    And quite often the truth is eventually recognised, but it is ... bullied along the way.
    Actually, I support those comments.
    If not for one man at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration blowing the whistle,
    the drug Vioxx would probably still be on the market giving people heart attacks.

    One man made a difference. It is true.

    After he blew the whistle, he was indeed bullied by idiots who work at the FDA.
    They tried their damndest to smear his reputation.
    It was one hell of a story here in the U.S. years ago.

  7. #47
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I enjoy your integrity in this thread. I can feel it jolting through my bones more than your other threads.

    You say that there has been no double-blind study of MBTI conducted. However, many of us have incorporated our knowledge of MBTI with the beauty of human behavior. It has been analyzed from dusk til dawn. There is blatant evidence - small or large - regardless of your admonishment of its ethics.

    I understand your reasoning. MBTI teeters the parameters of faith, but you still have yet to clarify how MBTI is some sort of beast with two backs. Is my behavior ugly? Who's behavior is ugly?
    MBTI is ugly because it reifies.

    This may not be so important except it is being done by USA business in a society that commodifies everything.

    And so to turn a person into a commodity it is first necessary to reify them.

    And if you live inside the commodity society, it is invisible to you and MBTI will seem to be intuitively true.

    Reification has a very bad history, and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was signed to address reification.

    Of course the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was signed to stop the reification of people in order to kill them - as it is much easier to kill a thing than a person.

    However MBTI reifies people, not to kill them, but to sell them as units of production.

    In other words, commodification and MBTI treats persons as means to an end, namely profit.

    Whereas I believe each person is an end in themselves.

  8. #48
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    What is most interesting is that the words, "Move on", are those used regularly by police.

    And the word, "Move on", are used here by the thought police.
    Yeah, that is interesting. :zzz:

    "Move on" is saying that you should start empowering yourself, and stop worrying about what you can not change. But feel free to be stubborn about it, and calling people the "thought police" over a positive phrase. If that's the kind of argumentative skills you rely on, then you have a long way to go in this epic struggle of yours to convert the masses.

  9. #49
    AKA Nunki Polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Just as evidence and reason given to us by the Enlightenment show that the supernatural doesn't exist, so evidence and reason show MBTI is a fraud.
    You speak of the supernatural, and you think of the supernatural. Can we call a word silence? Can we call a thought an empty shadow? All things are things, however phantasmal they may be, and anything that falls in your path has already served as a stepping stone. Since we cannot abolish the path behind us, why not set our sights ahead? The supernatural will take us anywhere, and we will go anywhere at all; nothing can hold us back or push us forward, not even a personality theory.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

  10. #50
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    MBTI is ugly because it reifies.

    This may not be so important except it is being done by USA business in a society that commodifies everything.

    And so to turn a person into a commodity it is first necessary to reify them.

    And if you live inside the commodity society, it is invisible to you and MBTI will seem to be intuitively true.

    Reification has a very bad history, and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was signed to address reification.

    Of course the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was signed to stop the reification of people in order to kill them - as it is much easier to kill a thing than a person.

    However MBTI reifies people, not to kill them, but to sell them as units of production.
    So, like the scornful reprimanding of a child, MBTI molds behavior by "reification"? You claim that base human behavior is paramount. But don't you confide in faith that it is "supernatural" in the same sense?

    You're saying that the un-molded person is the best person to be. Of course, the un-molded person must form himself through learned experience, rather than being taught by superiors - or by a personality matrix. You seem to have an aversion to taught behavior, regardless of whether it is ethical or unethical.

    However, some people view the personality matrix as a suspension from reality. There is nothing to be said about them, so the ethical standard is redacted upon your own fears, and perhaps a few others'.

Similar Threads

  1. Sonic the Hedgehog and MBTI
    By Mondo in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 11:12 PM
  2. What are the most and least common MBTI types?
    By /DG/ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 07:23 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO