User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default I hate scary movies...

*thinking back* Watching the Exorcist with my 13-year old friend (hiding under a blanket). It's 10 PM and nobody would drive me home, and nobody would pick me up. I was FORCED to go home 2-miles on my bike... in the cold... in the dark... by myself! *looking around frantically* In the shadows, ghosts and demons were EVERYWHERE!!! I charged into the house frantic, breathless, and heart pounding. I thought I was having a heart attack (literally!) The next day I was really sick. My chest still hurt bad. I rode my bike to the doctor 2-days later and found out I had pleuresy.

*shiver* Watching anything that resembles that movie -- No way!!! :horor:
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    I don't want to press you to share anything personal if you don't want but would you mind telling a little bit about it???
    All I can say with any surety is several friends of mine from the young adults group I belong to helped me out. One in particular served as the force and conduit for the power of the Holy Spirit; two kept an eye on things, one was able to see more while the other could only tell the difference between the pressure of evil in the room and when it lifted. The other two were there for moral support, one of which is also an elder in the church I go to (yes, a 26 year old church elder, he's that awesome).

It's not cool when the thing actually sees that it's fucked; it hurts inside when the exorcist starts tugging. I cried twice, once after each attempt; the second time we called in two archangels for help. The exorcist and the one who could "see" ended up with their hands on me while I did my part to fight as well. The elder even helped out with the faith based questions he asked; he really kept my mind on the ball that way. In the end it was my faith and my will to draw in the Holy Spirit that flushed it out; but my one friend who can "see" said later that the angels ended up fighting with the demon for a good portion of the night after I had left.

It sucks, but it's nice to see who had my back at the time too. I know many would see this as me fluffing off and being an attention whore, but it's anything but fun or braggable. In weakness I let the thing in in the first place - what an embarrassment.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    ...It's not cool when the thing actually sees that it's fucked; it hurts inside when the exorcist starts tugging. I cried twice, once after each attempt; the second time we called in two archangels for help. The exorcist and the one who could "see" ended up with their hands on me while I did my part to fight as well. The elder even helped out with the faith based questions he asked; he really kept my mind on the ball that way. In the end it was my faith and my will to draw in the Holy Spirit that flushed it out; but my one friend who can "see" said later that the angels ended up fighting with the demon for a good portion of the night after I had left.
    So what did you feel, though? What was the experience? This is all still just an external analysis, rather than a description of what was actually going on...

How did you know it was real? What made it real to you?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I tended to duck out of this kind of service when I was in churches that did it. It's always kinda freaked me out. I know there is fake stuff like that that goes on, sometimes intentionally fake and sometimes something more along the lines of mass hysteria, but I think that there is real stuff, too. I haven't observed or experienced anything like a full-blown exorcism, but I have had a few brushes with what I would describe as the malignant paranormal.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

BTW, when I was watching the Bob Larson clips, I also found 2 minutes of picture and audio footage from Annalise's exorcisms.

THIS really creeped me out...! My skin is still crawling. Maybe I am more of an audio person (I tend to be), but this is really freaky. Honestly. If Larson did nothing for you, well, this might push you over the edge.

These are actually the real tapes, as best as I can tell. I've read the book, so I know they made a number of recordings of her utterances during the exorcism (which was grueling and eventually ended in her death).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Default *shiver*

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    BTW, when I was watching the Bob Larson clips, I also found 2 minutes of picture and audio footage from Annalise's exorcisms.

THIS really creeped me out...! My skin is still crawling. Maybe I am more of an audio person (I tend to be), but this is really freaky. Honestly. If Larson did nothing for you, well, this might push you over the edge.

These are actually the real tapes, as best as I can tell. I've read the book, so I know they made a number of recordings of her utterances during the exorcism (which was grueling and eventually ended in her death).
    Well, if it creeps YOU out, I'll never watch it for sure! *running and hiding*
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    So what did you feel, though? What was the experience? This is all still just an external analysis, rather than a description of what was actually going on...

How did you know it was real? What made it real to you?
    You start out kind of fine, till it panics and shit starts feeling heavy real fast once that happens. I'm really not sure how to describe it other than when the Spirit came in it was like good feeling energy pushing out garbage... A lot of the heaviness though manifested as shortness of breath, like my chest was being pressed on; headaches, it's... it's intense pressure. To tell you the truth I focused more on the mechanics because the actual feelings themselves were I N T E N S E.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I personally only watched Constantine, I was still fallen at the time so I mostly laughed at it. I wonder how I'd feel if I watched it now... My friend with the actual Deliverance gift absolutely enjoys it. And no, he didn't whisper in my ear "the name's Constantine, asshole!" that's Hollywood silliness for you.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTx

Yeah, it was really pretty comical and dramatic (the exorcist in the videos I posted). I always have to question the motives of people like this.