User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: O, A, B, AB, ??

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Default O, A, B, AB, ??

If there are four different blood types, and if we are in the "fourth sun", as claimed by the Maya, will the emergence of the fifth sun bring a fifth blood type???

Hmm... I wonder!

Thoughts?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*feels offended that negative blood types are being ignored... perhaps prototype wishes whatever to keel over dead *
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

my thoughts are: I supported your sunlight/DNA idea since it has feasibility, but this one...... well, it just sounds ridiculous, like astrological sign ridiculous. There is no way the alignment of the planets could influence personality, nor could the "fourth sun" (I'm presuming that's a reference to the overall age of the sun) have that direct of an effect on blood types.

Blood type is "hard, physical" biochemistry stuff. That kind of thing doesn't just "flip out" and radically alter all that easily. DNA-expression is a different story because it can be influenced by environment, but the chemical laws that determine our hemoglobin structure are much more stubborn.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    If there are four different blood types, and if we are in the "fourth sun", as claimed by the Maya, will the emergence of the fifth sun bring a fifth blood type???
    No.

But the world is going to end in 2012...

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I thought this thread was going to ask for correlations between blood type and personality type.

Now I am sort of disapointed

a fifth blood type can hardly cause the world to end, unless there is some fucked up butterfly effect that triggers a massive mutation during the alignment. Now, that is possible.

Whatever it is, it won't end well- so not sure it matters.

We should fire out all our nukes just prior, that's my advice!

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    my thoughts are: I supported your sunlight/DNA idea since it has feasibility, but this one...... well, it just sounds ridiculous, like astrological sign ridiculous. There is no way the alignment of the planets could influence personality, nor could the "fourth sun" (I'm presuming that's a reference to the overall age of the sun) have that direct of an effect on blood types.

Blood type is "hard, physical" biochemistry stuff. That kind of thing doesn't just "flip out" and radically alter all that easily. DNA-expression is a different story because it can be influenced by environment, but the chemical laws that determine our hemoglobin structure are much more stubborn.
    Evolution of Blood Types...
    Evolution of Blood Types

Back in the early days of man, there were only blood type O people. This means the surface of the red blood cells had neither A nor B antigens on it. This has carried down until today, when the vast majority of people are still type O.

Around 20,000BC, a mutation occurred, and some people began to be Blood Type A. These people developed an A membrane or antigen on the surface of their blood cells. This blood type became common in central Europe as well as Scandanavia. Many feel this change occurred when farming became common in those areas.

The next change was around 10,000BC. This is when some people developed a Type B membrane on their blood cells. This change took place in Asia and Japan, and biologists are not sure what encouraged this change to take place.

It was not until around the 1500s that the A groups and B groups began to mix as travel became more and more common. This formed the AB blood type, which is most common now in northern India, even though it is still the rarest of the four main blood types. Only 5% of US residents are blood type AB.
    AB is the third mutation, fourth type.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    No.

But the world is going to end in 2012...
    No,... Just a major change!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    No,... Just a major change!
    Oh, right. The poles are just gonna switch. Silly me...

I heard the Mayans got their asses kicked. Any reason why I should listen to them?