• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

O, A, B, AB, ??

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
If there are four different blood types, and if we are in the "fourth sun", as claimed by the Maya, will the emergence of the fifth sun bring a fifth blood type???

Hmm... I wonder!

Thoughts?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*feels offended that negative blood types are being ignored... perhaps prototype wishes whatever to keel over dead :cry:*

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
my thoughts are: I supported your sunlight/DNA idea since it has feasibility, but this one...... well, it just sounds ridiculous, like astrological sign ridiculous. There is no way the alignment of the planets could influence personality, nor could the "fourth sun" (I'm presuming that's a reference to the overall age of the sun) have that direct of an effect on blood types.

Blood type is "hard, physical" biochemistry stuff. That kind of thing doesn't just "flip out" and radically alter all that easily. DNA-expression is a different story because it can be influenced by environment, but the chemical laws that determine our hemoglobin structure are much more stubborn.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
If there are four different blood types, and if we are in the "fourth sun", as claimed by the Maya, will the emergence of the fifth sun bring a fifth blood type???

No.

But the world is going to end in 2012...

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I thought this thread was going to ask for correlations between blood type and personality type.

Now I am sort of disapointed

sleepy

a fifth blood type can hardly cause the world to end, unless there is some fucked up butterfly effect that triggers a massive mutation during the alignment. Now, that is possible.

Whatever it is, it won't end well- so not sure it matters.

We should fire out all our nukes just prior, that's my advice!

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
my thoughts are: I supported your sunlight/DNA idea since it has feasibility, but this one...... well, it just sounds ridiculous, like astrological sign ridiculous. There is no way the alignment of the planets could influence personality, nor could the "fourth sun" (I'm presuming that's a reference to the overall age of the sun) have that direct of an effect on blood types.

Blood type is "hard, physical" biochemistry stuff. That kind of thing doesn't just "flip out" and radically alter all that easily. DNA-expression is a different story because it can be influenced by environment, but the chemical laws that determine our hemoglobin structure are much more stubborn.

Evolution of Blood Types...
Evolution of Blood Types

Back in the early days of man, there were only blood type O people. This means the surface of the red blood cells had neither A nor B antigens on it. This has carried down until today, when the vast majority of people are still type O.

Around 20,000BC, a mutation occurred, and some people began to be Blood Type A. These people developed an A membrane or antigen on the surface of their blood cells. This blood type became common in central Europe as well as Scandanavia. Many feel this change occurred when farming became common in those areas.

The next change was around 10,000BC. This is when some people developed a Type B membrane on their blood cells. This change took place in Asia and Japan, and biologists are not sure what encouraged this change to take place.

It was not until around the 1500s that the A groups and B groups began to mix as travel became more and more common. This formed the AB blood type, which is most common now in northern India, even though it is still the rarest of the four main blood types. Only 5% of US residents are blood type AB.

AB is the third mutation, fourth type.

KDude

I heard the Mayans got their asses kicked. Any reason why I should listen to them?

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
I thought this thread was going to ask for correlations between blood type and personality type.

Now I am sort of disapointed

I read that the Japanese looked for correlations between personality type and blood type. Do you think there is a correlation between the two?

KDude

I read that the Japanese looked for correlations between personality type and blood type. Do you think there is a correlation between the two?

Just about all of Asia does. Even the smallest biographical profile on a celeb might point out their blood type.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Rh type is the same as the polarity of a magnet, nothing special!

No, it's actually totally different. Someone with a negative blood type completely lacks the D antigen, as opposed to someone with a positive blood type who possesses the D antigen.

Negatively/positively charged magnets possess all the same characteristics except generate fields that are opposite in direction.

You're definitely being discriminatory. :yes:

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I understand blood types came about as a mutation. My point is, if you don't try to take it out of context, is that the # of blood types is unrelated to the age of the sun. If we decide to refer to the sun as the "fifth" whatever once a fifth blood type emerges, that will be due to our nominal appropriations of the event and not due to a cause provided by the Sun.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
2 x 2 = 4, and it's the age of the "fourth sun."

Will the emergence of the fifth sun make 2 x 2 = 5?

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
a fifth blood type can hardly cause the world to end, unless there is some fucked up butterfly effect that triggers a massive mutation during the alignment. Now, that is possible.

Whatever it is, it won't end well- so not sure it matters.

We should fire out all our nukes just prior, that's my advice!

I don't think the emergence of a fifth type(element?... :shock:)would end the world. However, a hypothesized seventh type may be the last.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
No, it's actually totally different. Someone with a negative blood type completely lacks the D antigen, as opposed to someone with a positive blood type who possesses the D antigen.

Negatively/positively charged magnets possess all the same characteristics except generate fields that are opposite in direction.

You're definitely being discriminatory. :yes:

No, I'm not. I see it as it is.

In what way do you see me being discriminatory about an O- type individual only being able to accept O- type blood?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I thought scientists realized that they miscounted the "end" of the Mayan calendar by a few hundred years.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
I understand blood types came about as a mutation. My point is, if you don't try to take it out of context, is that the # of blood types is unrelated to the age of the sun. If we decide to refer to the sun as the "fifth" whatever once a fifth blood type emerges, that will be due to our nominal appropriations of the event and not due to a cause provided by the Sun.

I'm sure the sun is much older than the stated "4", besides that, it's age before we existed is irrelevant anyways.

Thinking about how different iron oxides could have a role in blood types, iron oxides from meteors, asteroids, volcanic ash, magma, etc... :huh: