User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    I am beginning to suspect that you are an NF partial to recreational drugs.
    When I was a little boy, I would tune the radio so that all I could hear was static. This fascinated me 'cause I could imagine anything I wanted.

As I grew older I found a home in, "The Cloud of Unknowing". You might say that 'unknowing' is a way to tune the radio of your mind to static. Or that it is a way of turning off the voice in your head - your inner voice. And discover complete inner silence.

I discovered other ways to turn of the radio in my head, such as meditating in a warm bath for three hours. Falling in love turns off the radio. And listening to what trees and flowers have to say, plunges me into a delicious silence.

But most of I become silent, when I discover something new. I am like a Retriever pointing at a duck - my whole body becomes completely still and intent on the duck - on the new idea.

Recreational drugs don't help with this process at all, and I have a mild aversion to them.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    When I was a little boy, I would tune the radio so that all I could hear was static. This fascinated me 'cause I could imagine anything I wanted.

As I grew older I found a home in, "The Cloud of Unknowing". You might say that 'unknowing' is a way to tune the radio of your mind to static. Or that it is a way of turning off the voice in your head - your inner voice. And discover complete inner silence..

I discovered other ways to turn of the radio in my head, such as meditating in a warm bath for three hours. Falling in love turns off the radio. And listening to what trees and flowers have to say, plunges me into a delicious silence.

But most of I become silent, when I discover something new. I am like a Retriever pointing at a duck - my whole body becomes completely still and intent on the duck - on the new idea.

Recreational drugs don't help with this process at all, and I have a mild aversion to them.
    In that case, I revise my former suspicion: I suspect that you are simply a moron habituated to imprecision, mawkishness and pretentiousness. Of course, a cynic might suggest that I believed this prior to reading the post to which I am currently responding.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

On first blush this forum would seem to be visual, as we are reading electronic text.

But as we settle in we start to notice things.

We notice we hang on replies.

And we notice that we can't see replies coming. Replies seem to just happen. And each reply can be felt all over the world at once.

So as our blushes subside and we enter social foreplay we notice that each reply is like a touch. A reply is like a touch on our bare skin.

And of course this is why we are all so sensitive - we are touching one another with each post and reply.

So at first blush it seemed as though this forum was visual, but as we enter social intercourse, it become apparent that this forum, this electronic medium, is tactile.

And because our very medium is tactile, and we are sensitive to each touch, we speak to one another with tact.

Postscript:

Both tactile and tact come from the Latin tactus meaning touch or sense of touch.
    ...what the fuck...
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    I suspect that you are simply a moron habituated to imprecision, mawkishness and pretentiousness.
    You will find you are not alone in thinking I am a moron, habituated to imprecision, mawkishness and pretentiousness.

However I do like pretending.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Isn't really that we are completely divorced from all of the subtle cues and signs that come from speaking face-to-face with someone? All of the delicate subtext of communication is cut off, so we parse replies for 'intent', when such a thing is nearly impossible without the visual element. So our calculations and perceptions devine a more hostile intent than is intended....hence the ever present emoticon:

I like how you think Victor, but I think this is easy to explain without wasting a metaphor. (Gratuitous use of second emotocon!)

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I predict that Victor will write a motherfucker of a novel one day, and all of you nay-sayers will be eating kangaroo shit.

MBTI
    INTP

However I do like pretending.

Ginkgo

This thread makes me laugh from every orifice on my body.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

On first blush this forum would seem to be visual, as we are reading electronic text.

But as we settle in we start to notice things.

We notice we hang on replies.

And we notice that we can't see replies coming. Replies seem to just happen. And each reply can be felt all over the world at once.

So as our blushes subside and we enter social foreplay we notice that each reply is like a touch. A reply is like a touch on our bare skin.

And of course this is why we are all so sensitive - we are touching one another with each post and reply.

So at first blush it seemed as though this forum was visual, but as we enter social intercourse, it become apparent that this forum, this electronic medium, is tactile.

And because our very medium is tactile, and we are sensitive to each touch, we speak to one another with tact.

Postscript:

Both tactile and tact come from the Latin tactus meaning touch or sense of touch.
    This is good. I really like it.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639