• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Beliefs.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Ive come to a kind of disconcerting conclusion recently, theres nothing I believe in. I felt this to be such a big deal for me to a make new thread instead of just chocking it up to the crap I post in my blog. Of course I "believe" in the people I love and their actions and goals but I don't "believe" in anything that drives me.

No religion. No faith in any spirituality. No personal drives. Nothing that when I think about I get this uplifting feeling of absolute truth and desire to uphold.

Now let me make it clear, I do believe in things and people. I do have opinions. But nothing that if I was convinced it was wrong would shatter my world.

I believe in honor, but I'm not below dishonoring someone to gain a lead. I believe in my friends, but thats something I feel it would be weird not to do and not in anyway a belief system. I believe in my goals but ive grown so used to my goals to change at their own accord that believing in them would be like believing in a summer breeze, their always fleeting. I believe in monetary gain but not enough for it to be a true purpose of my life. I believe in love but not enough to motivate me.

I honestly have no idea what im looking for here advice wise or if it would even help. But explain to me what its like to "believe" in something. Are the things ive described enough for you to consider them beliefs? How did you come about your personal belief system? What are your beliefs?

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Sorry if the above isnt clear enough for you. I feel like what im trying to explain is just right out of reach and I dont have the words for it. But its there and its troubling.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
My belief system is like a CD changer, I pick the one I like and play a few tunes. The CD changer in itself is a belief system; it has all the genres of music you can think; and is open to new tunes.

The library only gets bigger.

:)

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
You sound numb. My guess is this is the result on your heart/soul/whatever you want to call it of how you've been living so far. Try getting away from things and finding the space to make sense of this problem. Do the right thing as your conscience tells you.

Lark

jja87d.jpg

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
The fact that /\ has sold over 12 million copies, in itself, doesn't put me off reading it. That Lark seems to be recommending it, does.

Hexis.

Ennui has two sides. I do not say boredom, but ennui. Ennui is more problematic than mer boredom, because boredom can be solved by contriving some dull, but amusing, activity. And skipping on to the next dull, but amusing, activity. Ennui is problematic because it rarely sees the amusing but only the dull aspects of life's distractions. So watching a football game without the passion of involvement becomes "what's the point of football" instead of a day out.

Indeed, there is no point to anything if life is meaningless and ends in death and everlasting nothingness. But equally, why should some diety be required to invest meaning in your life? If you conclude that the ball game, or whatever, is pointless you might ask what others really get out of it and whether having a "point" really is the point.

It helps to see the film as a comedy first and a tragedy second, rather than the other way around. Both produce slightly differing nuances, but the former makes the funeral slightly more bearable.

All the best.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Are you content or happy despite your lack of beliefs? It's really the only thing that matters, in my opinion.

Over the past few years, I've been met with a lot of opposition because i lack all kinds of beliefs. I don't have any pulls to accomplish things. A career is just something i'll need if i live for a long enough time and i'd like it to be what i enjoy. I view religion as a security blanket, but am really just indifferent to the beginning or end. I don't want children in my lifetime or to become a housewife. Travel isn't necessary to me, unless it's to meet a good friend.
I'm content. I would almost say happy, but there are some internal kinks that don't relate to the above-listed. A lot of people can't see it how i see it and it can give this disillusion that there's an issue with how i view life.

I suppose the easiest way to put it is that i believe in myself and that life is about personal growth and interactions. I believe in not seeking or shutting out possibilities, but simply being agreeable when i am faced with them.
Simplicity, i suppose. Everything else can just get in the way of something that's already pretty complicated on its own.