User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTP

In SO many ways yes.

Think about wars, the winners always skew how awful the loosers were etc and taint how it really was. This continues a long long time post wars. In the UK we tend to protrait Hitler through films in blakc and white, photos etc.

The first colour picture I ever saw of him was actually in Germany... for some reason even now Hitler isn't depicted in colour over here... its propoganda, just subtley done.

Our onesidedness is only confonrted when we are shown evidence of ourselves. I have got cranky with other people sometimes over things I've done myself unconsiously.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes.

What you perceive is what you believe, and your beliefs become your realities.

Granted, there still exists an ontological Reality that exists beyond the limits of your perceptions.

Also, it should be noted that some people perceive things more accurately, or in depth than others.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    I have to say that for some reason, it really annoys me when people say "perception is reality." The points above are valid - a person's perceptions shape their reality and people's decisions are shaped through their perceptions. However, in the broader context, reality to me seems more akin to truth which is may or may not align with any one person's perceptions. People are often wrong and inaccurately perceiving a situation.
    hehe....I do know what you mean.

This reminds me of a corporate Team-building/sales-pitch seminar thingie I had to go to once, and one of the Senior Sales Exec's at one point in the speech said: "Perception is Reality."

And internally, I was like...no, no!! No! REALITY is Reality!!

But, yeah, I do still stand by my first post; but totally agree ones' perception could be totally warped - but to that person, it's the truth, hence it becomes his world and for better or for worse he can shape the external reality to an extent, depending on his sphere of influence.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

i can't remember who said it but a thinker said something like saying murdering is wrong is no different to saying you don't like murdering

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    hehe....I do know what you mean.

This reminds me of a corporate Team-building/sales-pitch seminar thingie I had to go to once, and one of the Senior Sales Exec's at one point in the speech said: "Perception is Reality."

And internally, I was like...no, no!! No! REALITY is Reality!!

But, yeah, I do still stand by my first post; but totally agree ones' perception could be totally warped - but to that person, it's the truth, hence it becomes his world and for better or for worse he can shape the external reality to an extent, depending on his sphere of influence.
    Yes exactly. Agree with your first post too.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

Only in the way that it makes you preform physical actions based upon these perceptions. The vast majority of evidence shows reality to be fairly consistant.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

What is reality?

I know I'm here because I can feel my back on my chair, this keyboard on my finger tips and my arms on the table with my feet on the floor looking at what I am doing and hearing the sound of the key strokes as I type.

I know it's real because I see it.

Can my eyes be deceiving me?

Can my perception be a deception?

If you concentrate on something, anything, you can become at one with it.