User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^ As simple as possible -- but no simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Ignorance may be bliss, but what meaning is there in an ignorant life? It has no value whatsoever.
    What meaning is there in any life? Does knowledge give life meaning? Does knowledge add to happiness? Rarely. The acquisition of knowledge is just a compulsion for our type which compensates for other deficiencies - no need to elevate it to the sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    My point was that life is what you, as an individual, make of it. The problem I have with ignorance is bliss. Is that the ignorant, wouldn't be aware of themselves being blissfully ignorant. And on the other side. You can't unknow what you know and become more ignorant. So the whole idea of ignorance is a futile perspective.
    That isn't the point. They only need be aware of bliss, not their own ignorance. It is ignorance of their own ignorance that contributes to such bliss! It is disparity and inequality that leads to most dissatisfaction and unhappiness. If we were all equally ignorant, the world would seem to be a perfect place - I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post

What meaning is there in any life? Does knowledge give life meaning? Does knowledge add to happiness? Rarely. The acquisition of knowledge is just a compulsion for our type which compensates for other deficiencies - no need to elevate it to the sublime.

That isn't the point. They only need be aware of bliss, not their own ignorance. It is ignorance of their own ignorance that contributes to such bliss! It is disparity and inequality that leads to most dissatisfaction and unhappiness. If we were all equally ignorant, the world would seem to be a perfect place - I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space.
    Whilest I can not disagree with you on that. I approached it from the perspective of the individual that is ignorant and the individual that isn't, at least not by the standards of the ignorant person. Don't know the meaning of life. Highly doubt there is one absolute meaning of life anyways. But I have my own built meaning of life. And even though the ignorant person would be in bliss. It is not something I would ever hope to be. And even though the one seeking intelligence and wisdom but knows he/she can never reach absolution (making the whole quest kind of pointless) may never experience bliss. But have at least the satisfaction of doing something. And doing so to the best of their abilities. However futile it may seem.

It's the journey of the individual, there's not really a right and wrong here. I'm just posting my opinion. Don't take them as fact, for that is impossible.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^Yeah, I know. I just felt like pointing out the flaws in your logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    STP

Knowledge helps us elevate happiness in others, when those around us dont use it in this fashion we are left to acquire knowledge to provide our own happiness.

Thats why ignorance is bliss, it creates stagnancy.

Stagnancy keeps us from getting hurt

Fear of getting hurt causes us to not trust people

Not trusting people pushes us to learn for personal gain

Personal gain causes a false sense of what matters in life

What really matters in life are the people around you

Thats why you gravitate to people who tend to be just like you

Eventually you end up standing in life surrounded by people just like you

People who are walking around trying to find a false sense of happyness
    Im out, its been fun

This has been blown out of proportion. I just don't care to bother to count how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. I can't get stoked about those questions anymore, and claim no answers to them. I'd rather just move on, go outside and live a little, and laugh. That's my philosophy, if you can call it that. Not sure if there's anything "false" about it so far. I mean, I'm not sure what you mean by false. None of it has led me to cause problems for anyone. I want them to laugh too.

Sniffles

I tend to dwell upon themes usually related to Theistic Existentialism, Personalism, and Theocentric Humanism.

Thumbs down Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I tend to dwell upon themes usually related to Theistic Existentialism, Personalism, and Theocentric Humanism.
    As well you might, for the first Humanist was Erasmus (1466-1536), a Dutch Dominican priest, who was immensely influential on the Continent and in Britain.

And what is most interesting is that his numerous works, preached as well as written, were all accepted by the Church.

MBTI
    INFJ

Philosophy is all well and good as an intellectual pursuit, but when used as a guide to live, there has to be a balance. I know from personal experience you can spend a lot of time trying to figure out the best way to live life only to discover that you've wasted a lot of time thinking too much. On the other hand, some people seem to have no method to their madness and more responsible people have to clean up their mess.

I don't think I could write down my philosophy if I tried. A lot of it wouldn't make sense to anyone else, and often doesn't even make any sense to me.
    There are miles to go before I sleep...

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

My philosophy on the meaning of life is achieving infinite mastery of creation.

WALMART

My personal philosophy....

Geez, I came here expecting to hit it out of the park, now I can think of nothing but bunting....

Do what you want, I guess. No one's gonna judge but us.